Opinions on Gen 2 police trade in Glock 22 in 40.

bspillman

I’ve owned a gen 3 glock 9 in the past and liked it. I’ve picked up a gen 2 40 cal. What’s everyone’s opinions on them and has anyone put a couple thousand rounds through one without issue? Thanks.

samsmix

It's a Glock.

That seems overly simple, almost sarcastic, but it really does juat about say it all. Some folks love em or hate em, but it is what it is....which ain't bad.

cslinger

I don’t think Glock ever really made a GREAT .40. That said for the $289/299 I am seeing for PD trade ins they are a helluva lot of gun for the money.

Houndog

Just purchased a Glock 22 as a police trade in. Got it for $299 and it looked to be virtually new.

Never been a huge fan of Glocks, but I'm surprised how much I'm liking this gun. Recoil is a little snappier than 9mm, but totally manageable. Right out of the box I was hitting 5" plates from 20 yards with boring regularity.

jfruser

The Glock Fo-tay is to this decade what the S&W K-frame was to the 1990s: a perfectly fine and reliable firearm overtaken by time & fashion that LEOs have abandoned and can be had for a song.

Kreyzhorse

I had one. Went bang, ergos were okay. Seemed to have a hell of a lot of recoil compared to my S&W M&P Compact police trade in.

Kept the Smith, sold the Glock.

To each their own however as the Glock didn't work for me, but it was reliable.