Opinions on CZ 75 BD

chris in va

I've had one for about 8 years.

Despite a few teething problems, it has been a phenomenal handgun that I really can't see getting rid of. Many pistols have come and gone but this one still gets used every range trip and occasionally carried.

roman3

Just a Cz 75 with a decocker, I had one for a while, like all CZ's (generally) it is a quality gun from a quality maker. The decocker works (it seems to be flimsy compared to others in its class - but I have had no problems with either the BD or the PCR that had the system) and the gun went bang all the time.

If you don't like the "locked and cocked" style of safety of the regular CZ 75 series then the BD is a good choice.

DocHoliday

I like em

So far I have a 75B in 40 and 9mm. A 75bd in 9mm. A 75c in 9mm. Also my only safe queens are the CZ 35th and a matching set of CZ 75B stainless from the custom shop. They handle well shoot and fantastically. However this is in my hands but I have had fewer problems with all of them then any other firearms. If it feels good in your hands and you do your part you won't be disappointed.

radom

Pretty much all I can say as a down is the sights are a tad small for a combat type service auto but thats easy to cure. Probably not a issue if you have eyes under 50 years old.

Neal_G.

If you are going to carry it I would opt for the more compact, lighter CZ75 PCR variant. It also has a decocker, but with an alloy frame and slightly smaller dimensions.

If it's just a range gun then I would just get the CZ75B, cocked & locked shouldn't be a big deal for a fun gun if your a decocker fan.

If its for SD, and your not comfortable with having it cocked & locked and want a full size, max capacity steel service pistol, then the BD would be excellent.

It's CZ so you win any way you go.:)

stevieboy

I've gone in the opposite direction, I have a 75B SA. It's all single action with an ambi safety. I'd call it the poor man's Hi-Power except that I've handled Hi-Powers and I like this gun better. The trigger is very good without modification, the ergonomics are fantastic, it is 100% reliable all the time, it is a cinch to field strip and reassemble, and it is very, very accurate.

shrewd

i own a 75bd police, my first firearm.

personally, i love it

the decocker seems to be a personal preference, for most people i've noticed it seems to come down to how you prefer carrying.

i have yet to obtain a license to carry so it doesnt matter to me, but i enjoy the heavier pull once decocked. there is no true safety on the weapon, if that's an issue also

That'll Do

I had a CZ75 BD, and in a moment of temporary insanity, I sold the gun.:mad:

I had the intention of upgrading to a Browning Hi-Power, but it never happened. I'm going to buy another CZ, without a doubt. Probably a CZ75 SA from the CZ Custom Shop (I like having adjustable rear sights, and some other tweaking).

So anyhow, the CZ75 is a *GREAT* gun!

Walt Sherrill

I you just have to have a decocker model, you might find the compact PCR a better choice. It's essentially the same gun with slightly shorter grip and slide, and a noticeably light gun to boot (with an alloy rather than steel frame.)

If you like the full-size CZ-75B and want a decocker, the 75-BD is your gun.

stevieboy

You'll love that 75B SA. It can do everything that a Hi-Power can do, except that it has a better trigger, holds six additional rounds, and costs $300 less. I never cease to be amazed at how accurate mine is. It does a good job with 115gr. ammo, an outstanding job, with 124, and it simply LOVES Winchester Nato 124, which is, essentially, 9mm+P.

AdmiralFarragut

CZ75BD opinion

Just purchased the CZ75BD. Bought it used and this gun is SOLID. Very nice feel in my hand and shoots just fine. I've put about 300 9mm rounds through it in the last couple of days and not one time was there a problem. After purchasing this gun, I found out that CZ-USA sells a .22 caliber kit that enables you to convert the gun over to .22 for more cost effective target practice shooting. A neat little kit I must say. Just remove the 9mm slide, pin/spring & barrel and re-assemble it with the .22 barrel, pin/spring & slide. The kit comes with a couple of .22 clips. Really easy to switch over. I'm totally stoked with this weapon! Highly recommend. Next up, Ruger GP-100 revolver!

Amin Parker

I have 3 Belgian High Powers. 2 cz 75s, one cz 75 compact, one cz 70.

The cz in my opinion is a phenomenal handgun. It is so good that i go on record calling it the very best modern 9mm pistol in all the world.

I have seen a cz 75 with more than 87000 147gr heavy Bowling pin loads through it, break the national record in that event.

It was as accurate as when new but the trigger became better the more it was shot.

As FreakgasolineFight says " the cz 75 is made from win and longcats". I do not know exactly how to interpret that but if you shoot your gun enough you will understand.

Congratulations on owning a fine pistol.

group17

Have a CZ75 compact P-01. Having a 7 inch length you don't need a larger version IMO. Great weapon!

Last edited:

rjksx1

sold mine;
after 600 rounds, i had to replace the trigger spring; after 1000 i threw the towel in on the horrible trigger(camming SA and gritty DA)- have these issues improved?

Amin Parker

I have never heard of a trigger spring breaking on a cz 75. Are you sure it was a cz? I know Glocks are notorious for breaking trigger return springs during shooting but never heard of a cz doing it

Walt Sherrill

6-7 years ago -- when I was one of the moderators on the old CZ Forum, there was a large batch of new guns from CZ that were delivered with crappy (defective) trigger springs. A bunch broke. CZ-USA identified the problem and fixed it quickly, but it did happen, and it happened to more than a few CZ Forum members; I don't know how many others had the problem.

CZ also had some problems with extractor springs -- probably a design issue -- and solved the problem by installing higher-power extractor springs, and that problem went away. We'd buy them from Wolff until CZ started getting them into the production guns.

Then there was also a problem with the firing pin retention roll pin which could break with heavy dry-firing. (CZ said "don't dry fire" in their manuals, back then, and supplied a cheap snap cap.) They subsequently doubled the roll pin (putting a smaller one inside the existing one), and that problem went away, too.

I've been following these guns for 10-12 years, and except for a couple of misaligned (out-of-spec) holes on the frames for a handful of CZs, which led to broken slide stops, those are about the only problems I can think of.

JohnGalt88

I do know that according to the people at CZ Custom, the BD (decocker) trigger can not be made quite as good as the normal safety trigger, I only know that the mechanism is different and requires more work to become as good as a slicked up normal CZ trigger. The ones i have picked up in shops seem just like there normal safety counterparts though. It probably only starts to matter in race guns and people with extremely refined trigger fingers. :rolleyes:

I personally don't like decockers and have no problem lowering the hammer manually and like to be able to carry condition one so i own a regular CZ 75 however i would have no problem with buying and using one with a decocker.