Opinions on 2x specific 1911 models...

Method

I'm moving on from my 9mm to a 1911. I like the feel, handling, and historic significance of the 1911 more than my current PX4 Storm (which served its purpose). Anyway, I'm torn between two models and would appreciate all the diverse views this forum offers:

1. Kimber Covert II:
Pros: Crimson Trace / Entire company is American. / Kimber's reputation. / Eye candy factor
Cons: More expensive / does not come with much / do I really need or want laser grips?

2. Sig 1911 TAC PAC
Pros: Cheaper / Sig's Reputation / Railed / TAC PAC comes with centerline laser, holster, and lockable case / rail allows for light or laser
Cons: Holster won't support centerline laser / I'll want to replace grips / eye candy factor is lower

This is going to be used for basic range target shooting and will likely become my primary home defense weapon. For home defense, I'm wondering if lasers or lights are preferred options when using a pistol. Any thoughts...even "dude, this one is so much cooler" are appreciated.

Method

Already decided...

I couldn't be patient. I traded in my 9mm tonight and upgraded to the Sig. Comparing both pistols side by side, they felt and handled identical. So given that the Sig was $700 less for a package that includes the holster, 3x mags, and case, it was a no brainer. Heck, I can put on a set of CT lasergrips if I want and it will still be hundreds cheaper.