Opinion needed , XD 9

tatso7

I haven't own a semi auto for 10 years now as I favored revolvers over them. A friend of mine wants to trade his Springfield Armory XD 9 for one my 07 Bowtech compound bow as he wants to try bowhunting. I need an honest opinion on this gun from those who own and shoot it. Also whats the probable worth of this gun ( he purchase it early last year ) ?

One thing to find out is if it is before or after they started using the new finishing process on the slide.

Either way it is an excellent gun. It has a great design and feel. The grip is comfortable and well designed, the sights are of good quality, the polymer frame is very sturdy with no perceivable flex, the balance is amazing, it points effortlessly, and it feels like a 1911 in my hand when firing.

I am a staunch stainless steel guy with a deep and unnatural dislike of polymer guns...but when I went searching for a high capacity, reliable, point and shoot pistol for my bedside gin the XD sub-compact won me over almost instantly.

Last edited:
Based on my experience with my XD-40 over the last couple of years, 5000 rounds downrange, zero failures, very accurate, fits my hand like a glove, points naturally, they are awesome guns, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.:D

Taurus_9mm

I have an XD 45 ACP Tactical and derive a lot of enjoyment from this pistol.
I have plans to acquire a XD 9mm Tactical as well, based on my experiences with the 45 Tactical model.

XD45Sooner

How much do you think your Bowtech setup that you would be trading is worth? I have an XD45 4" model that I love but I am not sure I would trade a Bowtech straight up for an XD9. My hoyt bow and setup that I got with it was way more than I payed for my pistol...

OldShooter

Xd9sc

I have the 3" barrel version of the XD9. It has been 100% reliable and is more accurate than any other 9 that I have owned (or maybe that is me). It fits my hand very well and points nicely. I use it in falling plates competition and as a carry weapon. I have no problem competing with those guys who have 5 inch barrels.

Perldog007

I paid 575 for my XD .45 NIB. Retail on a used would of course be less and trading in a used XD to a gun shop less still.

Very pleased with my XD, have also owned S&W revolvers, Colt, Ruger and Taurus revolvers, Ruger, GLock, Taurus, S.A. 1911, Ballister Molina, and Beretta Pistols. The Xd is a fine pistol in my estimation.

9mm1033

I'd guess a ballpark dollar amount on a good XD9 is + or - $400.00 with the case and goodies Springfield provides. What's your bow worth?

Breakdaddy

My XD9SC has been very reliable with about 2200 rounds on it. My XD45 service has about 1k rounds on it and is reliable as well. My XD40 service is the same story with about 600 rounds on it. XDs tend to be boringly reliable. Great shooters though.