Opinion Letter in Rocky Mountain News

Stetson_CO

I tried to respond to this letter to the editor in the RMN but I couldn't control my anger.....Im already having a bad day and then I read this.

_________________________________________________-
Carry weapons openly

I have a suggestion for the purveyors of House Bill 1410, the bill that would allow concealed weapons to be as common as carrying around loose change. An amendment should be made to make concealed weapons revealed weapons.

I don't understand why gunslingers want to hide their guns from others. Why can't they wear them out on their hip, in a holster, like the real heroes of the American West? What is the rationale or sense in hiding them? By golly, if I go to church with gunslingers, I want to know who they are so I can sit next to them and be protected from robbers, rapists and serial stranglers.

It seems sissy not to show your gun and, boy, we know there are already too many sissies in Colorado. Please, gun owners, wear your guns proudly -- the rest of us have a right to know who's packing iron.

L. Highland

Morrison

Eric
c):{

jmlv

aCTUALLY IF IT WAS LEGAL (AND ACCEPTABLE) I WOULD'NT MIND AT ALL.

After all LEO's walk around all day and nobody notices they are armed really. their eye's just sort of slide over the gun as "there"
So it should be for the rest of us. Just a pipe dream I know but...:(

Christopher II

Call his bluff.

Write back something along the lines of, "Sure, great idea. As long as there is additional legislation enacted to prevent the harrassment of law-abiding gun carriers by the police, I'd be all in favor of an "open-carry" permit. After all, my draw from concealment is almost a second slower than my draw from an open holster!!!" :D

jimpeel

Open carry is unlawful in Denver. This suggestion could just put an end to that unconstitutional practice.