Opening Ammo Cans

B. Lahey

I seem to have misplaced my long-handled commie can opener. Do any of y'all have any tips for opening eastbloc tins of ammo without one?

Is anyone selling the proper can openers right now without a multi-tin purchase? I've got plenty of ammo for the moment, but I need another opener.

wpcexpert

Try a multi tool with one of the can opener looking attachments. It may not be long enough. Got an old knife you don't mind using. It should cut thru the tin...with some help.

B. Lahey

Got bayonet?

Does the pope crap in the woods?:D

Got it. I was able to work my way around a corner with the worst bayonet I could find and a hammer, then bent the top back with a pair of pliers until I could start pulling out boxes.

Thanks for the help, all.

I could still use a new commie can opener, though. If anyone knows where to get one, I'm all ears.

IZinterrogator

I just clamp down on the tab with needlenose pliers and twist them like I would the key. You will have to trim off the excess and start over with the tab you allowed to remain every once in a while.

jrfoxx

A sharpened flat head screwdriver and a hammer works OK too, just for future referance. Knives/bayos probley work better, but scrwdrivers are cheaper, and I'm stingy.:D