Only you and smokey(the)bear....can prevent this....

fubsy

actually I expect to get soundly trounced about the head and shoulders for the attached link........
Ive been trying to decide which forum to put it in.....
--alternate force/closequarters combat----sometimes the emergency isnt just other people, so it might fit.
--the hunting forum, well maybe, this definitely effects hunting or could effect hunters on the ground.
--legal and political, I could see an argument made for that forum, after all our conservation polices allow these type of events to occur.
--the rifle forum, its a stretch and a rather long one but what rifle would you use for the two obvious targets in the front and would the shimmering from the background have an effect on target acquistion, and how would pack em out, with out being cooked along with them.
---enough of that here is the link---- http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1330125 ........the photo is listed in the recreation file using my email as an identifier.....fubsy@hitter.net......
Its something I think we all should give thought to.....besides its an incredible photo....fubsy.

Herodotus

Its an awsome photo, Fusby.
Shows that animals are not so dumb about fire as some might think. I have heard of deer and antelope being smart enough to jumb back through prairie fires and have seen photos of big flocks of hawks and other big birds following Florida prairie fires to catch all the little critters that get exposed by the fire.

[This message has been edited by Herodotus (edited November 12, 2000).]