Only .38 specials

Fer

Well lets dedicate this thread to one of of the most polular calibers ever, and oldest of the popular calibers.
There are many different kinds of ammo in 38 spl and many beautifull revolvers that diggest the caliber. I want to see the works of art that you own, the revolvers that sent our imaginations to fly when we where kids and saw the hero detective in the movie saving the day with a snub .38 in his hand. Remember the 4" revo our dad or granpa had hidden in closet and we admired behind their back. Lets see them again!!! post away!!

raggededge

I've got two Taurus 85s. This one was my first gun.

What looks like discoloration is actually just the way the flash hit it. I'd take a picture of the other, but it's not only apart on my bench, but it looks exactly the same... so just use your imagination.:)
a.jpg

PointOneSeven

.38 S&W 642-2, with a squib in the barrel. The hazards of handloading :D.
squib.jpg

Bang, bang, bang, bang, Ploof! Took 10 minutes of breakfree and hammering to get it out.

Tom2

STeel frames

I stick to steel guns here. Got about half a doz. grips for all occasions too. But I don't have Mr. Penguins art studio for making them look as pretty with fancy lighting, etc!

Attachments

• Snubs.jpg
    Snubs.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 250

raggededge

If the steel frame was a reference to my Taurus, they're both steel framed and rated for +Ps. The "Ultralites", I think they're called, are the Titanium framed ones.

whitebb

Colt Agent(1981 Made) I bought for Cheap Cheap! Please keep in mind this thing was ready to be scrapped by the previous owner, who knew nothing about guns. For it poor condition it hadn't been shot much, so said my smith. Picture One, Before with poor factory finish, timing off, gouged, dented scratched etc. Second picture is repaired and fresh Duracoating. Should have it back in my hands by Saturday!

S5030719.jpg

agent-after-coating.gif

Fer

I Allways prefered the look of colt snubs aver S&W, the ramp front sight and full under lug gave it a more modern and tuff look. Taurus is also using the full under lug I like the design of their snubs also.:)

But I don't have Mr. Penguins art studio for making them look as pretty with fancy lighting, etc!
Hehe..no art studio here either. That is actually just the nightstand in our guest room. I just take the picture from a tripod so I can use the overhead light and the table lamp light with a longer exposure to get a richer look. :)

kymasabe

S&W Model 36

Here's a pic of my S&W model 36, bought it from a small local dealer. Original owner laid the thing ins something that ate alot of the bluing off so he threw the gun in a drawer and forgot about it, later selling it. I grabbed it right up, was hardly ever shot, is mechanically perfect, and I don't have to worry about putting the first scratch in it.
36003.jpg

The Terminator

Here are a few photos of my Smith model 60. Stainless, with boot grips. It was made in 1983, has a pinned barrel, hammer mounted firing pin, and, is my daily carry in a Mika's pocket holster. Every day, with two speed loaders. It is loaded with 158gr +P's. Best - Ted

205916438sp2.jpg

205916538sp3.jpg

205916338sp1.jpg

BillCA

I'm glad I'm not a photographer for a living... :D

M042_006.jpg

S&W Model 042 - transistion between the 42 and the 642.

M15M03.jpg

S&W Model 15 - .38 Special 2"
If you run out of ammo, you can use it as a sap.

M67_07s.jpg

S&W Model 67 - .38 Special 4" with smooth target grips

CPP_0400s.JPG

Colt Police Positive Special .38 Special 4"

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Pics Of .38 Specials

Well, here is just a few:

In the top pic, nothing but COLT's:

a) extreme left- 1971 factory nickel Detective Special 2nd series
1947-1972 (test fired only one cylinder full)

b) top right- 1966 blued Detective Special 2nd series 1947-1972

c) bottom right- very early '72 production third series Agent
with polished blue finish; NOT parkerized.

FootNote- on all of these COLT's, the timing is perfect and they
lock up tighter than Dick's hat band~!. All are original, including
the factory grips.

BTW, the book used as a backdrop is a very early 70's copy of:

Law Enforcement Handgun Digest by Dean Grennell and
Mason Williams.

Attachments

• DSCN7985.JPG
    DSCN7985.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN7878.JPG
    DSCN7878.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 128

Tom2

Steel again

"Steel frame" wasn't a reference to a Taurus or anything anyone else posted, I just prefer them that way, but would consider a LW bodyguard if I could get a deal on a decent one. Mr. Penguin, your nightstand apparently has some photographic talent, but all that it lacks from being a gun mag photo spread is some other irrelevent items in the shot, like a 4000$ watch, a fancy custom folding knife, and the cover of a James Bond novel, or some such nonsense, like they do.

skeeter1

I don't have any pictures, but my little Smith 60 in .38spl is a sweet shooting little sidearm. I wouldn't have thought a 2"bbl handgun could be that accurate, but it truely is. I have put 100 rounds into the X-ring at 7 yds. I'm not bragging about my prowess, but about the little .38 Smith.

Fer

Indiana Jones

Hey guys if I am not mistaken Indiana Jones carried a .38 special in Raiders of the Lost Ark. I know He carried a Webley in the last movie, but in Raiders and the brief appearrience of the revo in TheTemple of Doom it was a .38 correct?
What model was it??