Online retailers.....can make you sick.

JAYBIRD78

So I ordered over one month ago a scope, rings and base for my new Savage 10FP in .308 Win. I have waited patiently all this time and last friday after a semi bad day at work I decided to email the online company and bitch about the delay. I get a email back this morning and they magically have 2 of the three items. They said they could ship now and ship again when the base shows. I go ahead and email back to have them ship and cancel the base, I will look at other vendors that have the base in stock. Low and behold approx. 30 minutes after my email, they magically have everything in stock and are shipping today. So tell me, what gives? Could all the planets have been in a row? Did the squeaky wheel get the oil? Is this retailer just super ass lazy? OK-Rant and bitch done. I feel a bit better. I'll see if everything is there in the shipment.:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Kreyzhorse

You paid for shipping once. A lot of e-tailers will wait until the order can ship complete before sending it based on shipping alone. It does suck that they didn't send you a notice and give you the option of shipping incomplete.

I've worked in warehouse for years and you'd be surprised how easy it is to lose and find inventory.

Glad you've got your stuff on the way.

mellow_c

I feel your pain, however the longest I waited before emailing was about a week and a half. Dont wait so long to email them next time. "They" will usually give you a heads up on whats going on fairly quickly... But only if you ask.

ndking1126

Having been in a position where I "lost" orders (well, actually it was requests for onsite service) I'm going to have to guess these guys dropped the ball. Hopefully I am wrong, but that's my guess.

I truly wanted to take care of our customers, but I have limited brain power, even more limited computer software to help and every once in a while some things slipped through the cracks. I felt very bad, and fixed it as soon as possible.

I was honest with the customer, but never came right out and said I dropped the ball unless I had no other choice. (I won't lie to customers. If they can't trust me, they can't trust my company. If they can't trust my company, their money will go somewhere else.)

Hopefully you ordered a nice enough scope to make it worth all the trouble ;)

sholling

I'm not sure where you shop but there are a few e-tailers with awful reputaions. One comes to mind that always claims in-stock but keeps zero inventory, and instead has everything drop shipped from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer is out of stock then you wait. Their prices rock and 80% of the time it works out but it's a crap shoot.

I usually recommend that unless you're dealing with a mega-store like Midway that you call and check stock before placing an order.

JAYBIRD78

I just needed to vent more than anything. Everything is on its way, finally. There Warne "tactical" base and rings and the scope is a Nikon Monarch 4-16x42mm with there new Bullet Drop Comp. reticle. If I'm lucky I will be able to shoot this weekend. I usually do deal with Midway because they show in stock or not, but this place is where I ordered my last scope 4 years ago and had no problems. They also had an attractive price, not that price has the last word.

mellow_c

I'm willing to accept horrible customer service and a long wait for shipping if the price is alot better. Provided I end up with the same quality product that I would have gotten somewhere else for more money!