?? onFront sight mounting on a Swiss Mauser CAmp Perry is Coming!

carpfisher

Ok Gents ( and Ladies!)
I have a Swiss Mauser that is a great shooter but the front sight isn't staked down tightly. :confused:
Model Information
Carl Gustaf Stade
Gevarsfaktori
Sn 125427

Cal. 6.5 mm

I drifted out the dove tailed sight blade with the hopes that there would be a screw or something adjustable holding the sight mount in place. There appears to be a pin there but not a screw. Before I get to involved and possible destroying something: what is under the funk that can't see thru?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan on shooting this at the Vintage Bolt Action Match at Camp Perry in a few days!
Thanks

Greg

p99guy

Swedish Mauser...the swiss were using K11 and K31 straight pull 7.5x55mm rifles during the time your swede 6.5 was in issue.

MacGille

you can tighten up the dovetail by VERY CAREFULLY using a punch(flat point) and a small hammer, drive the edges of the dovetail down just a couple of thousandths of an inch. Be very careful not to hit too hard, then drive the sight back in. That should hold the sight in place.

Have a great time at camp perry.

FirstFreedom

Swedish, Swiss, meh what's the difference? Blonde haired blue eyed chicks, lots of snow, and good guns. Basically same thing. :)

On the sight, isn't there enough tension on it that you can drift it to the spot where you want it, and it will stay put? I believe that's how they intended for it to work. Take a brass punch & hammer to the range with you, and start off with it in the center, then drift as necessary for windage correction. Elevation of course ==> rear sight.

carpfisher

I should have been more clear.
Its not the dove tailed Blade that is moving but the band (mount) that goes around the barrel that is moving.

And yeah, swede not swiss. But as noted still a country full of buxom blondes!:p

Last edited: