One ten-thousendth of an inch

ADIDAS69

so i picked up an "ammo plant" today. whilst i'm at the retailer i see a great deal in 380 ACP projectiles but unlike others i have seen that measure .355 these are .356. What if any serious difference does this make. Thoughts appreciated on bullet diameters as well as tips RE the reloading system. As a note i am well aware of the web site "Ultimate Reloader" i have also personally on my Lee set up loaded over 33000 rounds of ammo ranging from 9mm through 50 BMG.

nemesiss45

Im not familiar with loading 380, but if you're following a load recipe, you should be fine. I'd imagine .001 will increase chamber pressure, but it must not be much, because both diameters are marketed for use in 380 ACP.

LE-28

Are the "projectiles" you bought lead, copper plated, or copper jacketed?

Lead are traditionally .001 or .002"over jacketed diameter but a .356 jacketed bullet won't change anything to much.
I wouldn't be to worried about loading them, if the are jacketed they will raise pressure like Nemesiss said so you could stay away from maximum load with them.
If they are plated or lead they are supposed to be .001"over jacketed diameter.

Salmoneye

Even if they are jacketed you'll be fine...

Same as always...Change any component, drop back at least 5% and work your way back up...

ADIDAS69

My bad doing

sorry about my proofreading failure Flyguy958.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OonDPGwAyfQ

they happen to be plated, I guess i'll just have to "bite the bullet" and try some. they'll be for my new Glock 42 which i have heard have been having some issues, though mine works fine i know pocket 380s can be a little temperamental.

LE-28

Load them and shoot them.
They are the proper size for plated bullets of any brand of plated or lead.

ADIDAS69

As a note:

I calipered a bunch of my 9mm Hornady projectiles and a bunch of the berry's 380 ACP projectiles

They all measured with exactly the same one one thousandth variance roughly half of the 9mm that are supposed to be .355 were .356 and vice versa with the 380s