One Scope, Two Shooters?

WW2

I have never used a scope so have a newbie question. I will be putting a scope on my Remington 7615 that is used by two different shooters.

Being new to scopes, my question is: will the scope need to be re-zeroed for each shooter, or is it specific to the rifle so one setting works for all shooters once zeroed?

smoakingun

the zero will not move, but if one shooter is much smaller than the other then eye relief becomes an issue. set the eye relief for the smaller shooter. it is easier for the taller shooter to adjust to being too close to the scope than it is for the smaller shooter to get closer

WW2

Thanks!

Thanks guys, I was hoping that was the case. Both shooters are about the same height +/- 1 inch so this should be fine. :)

As for the smaller shooter in the family, she will need custom fitted guns for her petite build. She still fires a 12 guage with no problems though! :D

WW2

So Cal Inland Empire

I'm in Temecula, about half way between L.A. and San Diego on Interstate 15.

But I work in El Monte in East L.A. on Interstate 10 just west of Interstate 605.

Last edited:

kmullins

Nice. I'm in Riverside so not too far away at all. Good to see another guy on here from the Inland Empire.

kwells6

funny thing..

me and a buddy of mine tend to shoot eachother's weapons. He's a lefty tho... i calim his scopes are all cock-eyed and he says the same about mine... but we both hit the bulls eyes, so i guess it dosent mess up that bad

WW2

Lefty, righty too!

Yep, I'm a lefty and the other shooter is a righty. We will see when the scope arrives and we get on the range.

kmullins, where do you shoot? I shoot at Raahauges in Corona. Was there last Friday morning. Also was there April 26 to participate in the free "Cowboy Action Shooting Clinic". They supplied the guns, ammo, and instruction. I had a blast! If you can, they do this the fourth Sunday of each month except May (Memorial Day weekend, three day event "The Ambuse at Mill Creek!) You need to be there at 8AM.

I'm still trying to find the rifle ranges in western Riverside county, so if you know of any let me know!

Oops! I think I just hi-jacked my own thread! :eek: :D