One more milestone...

Yoosta B. Blue

This morning I loaded my 15,000th round since beginning my journey in reloading almost two years ago. The last 1,200 or so have been rounds with projectiles that I cast from wheel weights. I would never have dreamed how much fun this has turned out to be!

Oh happy day when I ran into a reloading enthusiast at the range one day, and our conversation about the subject was what got me started. I'm lovin' it! :D

Yoosta B. Blue

CrustyFN

Congrats. I have been reloading for a little over three years and casting for one year. I enjoy them almost as much as shooting.

Yoosta B. Blue

A simple update...

Just a moment ago, I loaded my 30,000th round since I first began loading 39 months ago. This has been a wonderful journey for me that I have enjoyed immensely!

For about the last 17K, I've cast all of the bullets from wheel weights. It's amazing how inexpensively you can reload when you make your own bullets from lead that has been given to you. It doesn't get much better than that! ;)

Shoot 'em straight! :D

Yoosta B. Blue

Yoosta B. Blue

An even simpler update!

Still cranking away! Just passed the 42,000 round mark on my reloads, and I'm loving every minute of it! :D

YBB

Swampman1

Great job guys. I've been thinking about casting, but I keep hearing that certain guns don't accept cast bullets well-Glock for instance. But other than Glock, I have a Springfield XDm-9, Colt AR-15 and Colt 1911 along with my Dad's Ruger 44 magnum. Would you consider these other guns prime candidates for cast bullets? Also, what is the average startup costs for casting? Thanks.

David Bachelder

For every post that says you cant use cast lead on Glock, there are two that say you can.

Nowadays it is assumed that if you keep your Glock clean you will not have any issues.

serf 'rett

I've been shooting "store bought" cast bullets in my 9mm and 45 Auto XDm pistols. I get some lead deposits in the barrels with certain loads. Your XDm and 1911 are prime canidates for lead bullets.

The warning about shooting lead in a Glock is due to it's polygonal barrel. This warning applies to any polygonal barrel, as it appears lead can build up rapidly, leading to overpressure situations; ie, hurt guns and folks. I don't shoot lead in my polygonal barreled Kahr. It appears a fair number of folks, who want to shoot lead bullets in a Glock, simply replace the barrel with a rifled barrel from Lone Wolf, etc.

Chaz88

It appears a fair number of folks, who want to shoot lead bullets in a Glock, simply replace the barrel with a rifled barrel

Could you just use gas checks to fix the problem?

jamaica

This morning I loaded my 15,000th round since beginning my journey in reloading almost two years ago.

Very nice! Keep it up, its a great hobby.

I started re-loading in 1957. A teen still in high school. It has been a lifelong hobby. I have certainly enjoyed it. I load for rifle and handgun. Also cast bullets.

......... don't have any idea at this point how many I have reloaded.

Have fun.

.45C-SWC

I'm returning to reloading/shooting after 35 years. Back in the 1970's, I enjoyed it immensely and am looking forward to doing it again. Most of my equipment has been purchased/ordered. I'll be bullet casting for 45 Colt and 38 Special. I have 60+ pounds of lead ingots on hand, some from the 70's and am looking for local lead sources. Reloading and casting is great fun and the only way to feed large calibers without needing a loan.