One Historical Pistol

branrot

If you could own one gun purely for historical purposes, not to shoot, which would it be? I think I'd have to go with the Walther that Hitler used to kill himself with. A close runner up would be Lee Harvey Oswalds rifle. How about you?

Marko Kloos

General Patton's ivory-gripped .357, his "killing gun".

I doubt the Patton Museum is too keen on the idea of getting rid of it, though.

faraway

1.Joshua Chamberlain's revolver. 2.One of the first real 'hande gonnes'. 3.Anything used by Annie Oakley. (the list shows how the 'one gun' idea can be a vex...)

dsk

Ron in PA beat me to it. :(

Second choice would be Colt 1911 serial number 1. Yes, it still exists.

Crimper-D

"Not on me, but close"

That's how Gen. McArthur described carrying his personal defense gun = a Remington .41 rimfire Derringer.
The gun itself is described as an ordinary production model, nothing special, but I'd surely love to have it. Shooting it would not be a factor....41 Rimfire is hard to come by nowdays.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Most likely the very first Browning "BDA" in .45ACP,
later known as the Sig-Sauer P220.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

22lovr

How 'bout the wild west?

How about Wyatt Earp's long-barreled six gun?

I've been to the Boot Hill historic museum in Dodge City, KS. Fascinating place for gun history lovers.

Scarborough

Gen. Matthew B. Ridgeway's 1903A1 Springfield. Good enough for Normandy so good enough for me. By the way I just went back and noticed that this is the handgun forum. Sorry about that. I need a brain engage button on my keyboard.

Last edited:
Browning BDA in .45 ACP.

When I worked in the gunshop a couple of years back the owner kept a BDA .45 under the cash drawer.