One happy guy

I'm just getting back to riflery after being out 38 years. My dad passed down to me a nice Browning BBR that has got me going again. But I can't afford all the center-fire ammo it would take to bring my skills back up to par (or hopefully better). I needed an accurate rimfire. Yet with the cost of a decent scope for the BBR, I didn't think I could afford one for awhile.

Tonight I walked into Cabela's to pick up a license. I walked by the used gun rack and found a Marlin 795 labeled 'box' instead of used. I thought that was odd. I asked. It was a returned rifle. From the patron's claim and all indications it was unfired. They had the box, original packing, and all. Well almost all. It was missing the magazine.

They spent about 20 minutes looking and couldn't find it. They asked if I would take it, sans magazine, with a good discount. I said 'sure'. But then they had a little counter mix-up. A half hour later I found the fellow that was previously helping me. He had passed the check out process to another clerk, but the other fellow mistakenly had helped another customer. I was still smiling and in no hurry. I was just spending the time browsing and keeping eye out for my clerk. I was fine with the agreement for a discount but they were all very apologetic.

They snatched a magazine from a new 795, packaged it all up in the original box, included a lock, and sent me out the door with it for $100.

Thank you Lord. I am one grateful man tonight.
Andrew

PS. Now I need to save up my money for some Tech-Sights.