One hand shooting

Roughly (closest to) what percentage of range time do you practice one hand shooting?

• 10%

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • 20%

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 30%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40%

• 50%

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 60%

• 70%

• 80%

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 90%

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other answer

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peacefulgary

Roughly, what percentage of range time do you practice one hand shooting?

Right know I shoot one handed about 20% of the time.
But I think I'm going to increase that to maybe 40% or 50% of the time.

RGRacing

Always - It is very humbling but a must to let you know you need one of those Hollywood Guns.

10% Maybe - USPSA was forced so you better have a little practice.

FlyFish

I've been a Bullseye competitor for most of my life, and that's all 1-handed, so my practice sessions used to be 100% 1-hand. More recently, I practice both 1- and 2-handed with my CCW, so my 1-hand shooting has probably dropped to more like 80%.

CDW4ME

Sometimes with my dominant hand.
Exclusively with my weak hand; I carry a 2nd pistol in weak hand front pocket.

Mike38

I voted "other". I shoot Bullseye Pistol, which is all done one handed. On occasion I'll bring along an old .38 Spcl revolver I have and shoot it two handed for the fun, or empty the magazines of my carry pistol to keep fresh ammo in it and make sure it stays in working order. So I'm probably close to 95% one handed.

Schlitz 45

I always shoot my cowboy revolvers one handed-never saw the Duke take a two hand hold even on the long shots. I usually shoot a magazine or two weak hand with my 1911's or whatever auto I'm carrying that day.

jar

Not sure how you were considering the question.

I practice one hand shooting at every session but answered 20% since it is only one of the things I try to include in each session. I also try to rotate dominate hand and work on the different height and position drills.

cosh

I voted other. I generally shoot SAA revolver one handed. DA revolver mostly one handed (80%) with some two handed (20%) for accuracy. I shoot all the semi-pistols two handed so nearly 0% one handed. I should work on the weak hand and practice one handed slide racking weak handed to improve technique.

JJE

Some guns I ONLY shoot 1-handed, because I can't get a good 2-handed grip on them and they are short-range micro or snubby guns: Kahr CW380, Kimber K6s.

Some guns I shoot both 1-handed and 2-handed because they are small, but I can still get a solid 2-handed grip on them: Glock 42 (my EDC) and Glock 26.

Some guns I only shoot 2-handed because they are big (for me), and because I get enough 1-handed practice on the smaller guns: Glock 19, Ruger Blackhawk.

tangolima

90% one handed for me. I collect c&r. One handed is way those things were fired.

10% two handed is for practicing with my Glock 23.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

darkgael

One hand

I shoot nearly all of my pistols “one hand, unsupported.” The exceptions are the Thompson Contender and Encore in rifle cartridge chamberings and heavy pistol chamberings. I have a SBH in .44 Mag that gets two hands most of the time.

5whiskey

90% one handed for me. I collect c&r. One handed is way those things were fired.

Indeed. I just have got into black powder And single action revolvers In the past few years, with years of more mainstream firearms practice and training. I never fired one handed more than occasionally for familiarization. My appreciation of history has changed that. A navy revolver grip just isn’t comfortable or accurate shooting 2 handed.

stinkeypete

99%. I shoot bullseye and am more accurate one handed.

I find one handed controls recoil better with hand cannons as my hips are aligned with the recoil vector and my one arm raises high- so my stance is more “willowy” than planted, but always returns to my natural aim. Having shot this way for over 50 years, two handed just feels uncomfortable and is no more accurate and often less so for me.

From sandbags I use 2 hands because... I am sitting at a bench.

TailGator

I estimated 50%, meaning about 25% with each hand, and half two-handed. My numbers are similar for dry fire practice at home. I think that helps.

bummer7

Answered other as I shoot NRA & USAS matches. best guess is 99.9% of the time as range sessions are also when I shoot practice matches.