Once pulled bullets

Dan44149

I found what appears to be a great deal on some 9mm bullets. They are marked as once pulled, never fired, not deformed, and minor surface scratches.

What are ya'lls opinions on reloading these?

serf 'rett

I'd try to make sure they are 9mm - measure and weigh.

Then establish the bullet profile will work in your pistol(s). I was trying a new 124 grain hollow back flat point 9mm bullet recently and found that it's particular profile was causing it to seat against the lands in one of my pistols at my "normal" COAL.

They're usually military bullets pulled when demilitarizing ammunition. The pulling process has the potential to alter the shape, and it's been done better by some outfits than by others. I suggest you buy a sample and try them if you don't mind military ball ammunition accuracy. Probably be fine on steel plates, but don't expect to win any conventional pistol bullseye matches with them.

Regarding shape, most every bullet shape has its own COL range for best performance and function. Just part of the fun of reloading.

Dan44149

Thanks guys... they are on Widener's website... $89/1000... but after looking a little closer I can get their new competition bullets for a few bucks more per 1000...

rg1

They will be fine. They are usually pulled with the "hammer" type puller and will have minor scrape marks from slipping out of the brass. They will have from very light to heavy crimp marks which may or may not line up with your case mouths. They will shoot and load fine and are not a bad price.

boostedtt91

i bought a couple hundred pulled .308 tracers and they all shoot fine. Just make sure you weigh them all before you load them cause especially if they are military bullets, they aren't all gonna be the same weight. Its not gonna be a big difference, but there is variation from one to one. Better to be safe than sorry