On the pre-wait waiting list

KyJim

I'm breaking one of my "rules." I've decided to go ahead and buy an early new model pistol -- the Sig P238. I've learned over my lifetime not to be the beta tester for new models of cars, video recorders, software, etc. The Ruger LCP recalls have reinforced my opinion it is best not to be the first for a newly designed product. But . . . I really love my Colt Mustang and the Sig P238 looks to be a close copy. I also really like how the Sig looks.

So, I decided to go ahead and ask my dealer about a waiting list. He didn't really have one but got my name to get on the list to call when they hear they might get some in so I can be put on a waiting list. :)

Sturmgewehre

As badly as Sig screwed up the 1911 on their first two attempts, I don't think they're any more likely to get the new .380 right on the first try.

With the 1911 they even had industry experts helping them along and they still screwed up production.

But then Sig USA has been earning a reputation as having quality control issues. The GSR was a mess, they botched the P220's, they botched the first release 556 rifles... the list goes on.

Nope, I'll wait to see if they can pull it off and buy version 2 after they debug version 1.

KyJim

Which dealer did you go to?
PM sent.

As badly as Sig screwed up the 1911 on their first two attempts, I don't think they're any more likely to get the new .380 right on the first try.
I thought of this, too, especially the GSRs. My experience with their C3 has been very good. I'm a glass half-full sorta' guy. We'll see.

IdahoG36

This is the first I've heard of a P238. That's why I love this forum. That is a pretty cool looking little pistol.
I sure hope my local dealer doesn't get any of those in any time soon, or I may go against my better judgment and put my Beta Tester hat on.:D

Sgt Pepper

how can they screw up a clone of the colt mustang?

for instance, i own an old Colt Mark IV Officer's ACP which works magnificently and is a 1986 "150th Anniversary" edition. however, the machine work, fit and finish on it leaves something to be desired, especially as compared to my Sig P239.

surely, if they literally clone it, yet add 20+ years of modernity to the manufacturing process, it will come out great, no???

KyJim

surely, if they literally clone it, yet add 20+ years of modernity to the manufacturing process, it will come out great, no???
That's what I'm counting on plus Sig's reputation for service.