On my most recent trip to the range...

cnemeth

I rented a Glock 17L with fixed sights. I enjoyed shooting the Glock, but I found myself flinching alot. The last gun that I fired, a S&W model 10 in .38 Spl, I don't remember flinching as much. I was more comfortable shooting the revolver, mostly in SA mode, than the Glock. With some effort I managed a few good groups at about 7 yards.. I also found myself shooting low and to the right. I've heard that most people shoot Glocks low and to the left, but I'm left handed so the opposite must be true.

This week I'm going to rent a 1911 Colt in .45ACP.

Christopher Nemeth

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Probably because of the slide cycling...
a lot of people find it disconcerting - but you will get used to it. The 1911 is a little different because of the safety features it has - but it will grow on you.

------------------
"Supreme authority derives from a mandate from the masses. Not from some farsicle aquatic ceremony."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

HankL

cnemeth, DO NOT RENT THE 1911 !!! This may lead to a serious problem with what you are going to do with your money in the future! Yes, the slide cycles but like an old pan head does! If you shoot it, you may feel the need to purchase one and the you will
be seriously addicted!
Hank

cnemeth

Too late!! I rented one yesterday, if I had only gotten your warning earlier. There was a lot of kick with it, but I had alot of fun.

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Oh no... Were you bit? Are you infected? You know - signs may not show up right away. You could be infected and not even know it!

------------------
"There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity."[/b]
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

cnemeth

I feel fine now, but this is one of those infections that strikes suddenly and can only be treated with an expensive .45 cal prescription.

HankL

George, This poor human being is on the long path to ...............?
And it's all your fault! Bless you! Hank

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
On the path to an IDPA course, I know...
My bad...

NEXT!

------------------
"There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity."
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE