OLYARMS OA-93TG AOW AR PISTOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

KML

Is this still on the market or is this a leo only?Also the web site says it has to go to a CLASS III dealer?why?It says the weapon is transfered on a form 4,but the transfer tax is only $5,not $200.if it is still being sold how would i locate a classIII dealer?

This is a ar-15 pistol with detachable magazine-forward pistol grip-6.5'4140 cm barrel-aliminum handguard-vortex flash suppressor-flattop upper-4lbs.3oz.-length 16"
everything i thought that was banned, i really want this pistol, so any help or reviews of this pistol ?

thanks in advance
KEVIN

fal308

Staff Alumnus
Not positive but I believe that it requires a class III because it's classed as a short-barrelled rifle. Being built on a new receiver (as opposed to a receiver that was already made into a rifle) it would only require the $5 tax stamp. If it had been built on an existing receiver then it would be a $200 tax stamp.
There is also another similar pistol; the Carbon 15. Use the search function to find more information on this weapon.

Destructo6

AOW = "Any Other Weapon" which is a NFA item. Couldn't tell why it falls into this category, but it may be the weight limit for pistols. The Carbon15 is probably below the max weight limit and therefore not AOW. The forward pistol grip probably has something to do with it also.

Daren Thompson

Fal308 pleasr explain further. I thought the tax for a SBR and SBS were both $200 and how does either of these get classed an AOW?

Thanks

Later
DAren

Jeff OTMG

AOW is not technically a C3 weapon, it is C6. The C3 tax is $200 (machine guns, DD, suppressors, SBR, SBS) the AOW tax is $5 (smooth bore pistols, cane guns, pen guns, wallet guns, and now these AR pistols with the forward grip). Since it is classified in its configuration as an AOW it cannot currently be classified as a semiautomatic assault weapon, unlike the SBS and SBR. I only heard about this a month or so ago, but when ATF ruled that you could not put forward grips on handguns, like the SP89, it was not because you were creating an SBR (C3) but because you were creating an AOW (C6).

Status
Not open for further replies.