Older Weaver Scope-Click Adjustments?

Eagle0711

I wonder if anyone can help me with this older Weaver 4X scope? It's a KF-4. The adjustments are not marked as to wether it's 1/4", or 1/2", or even 3/4".
It could also be MOA, but I can't figure it out.

It has a standard crosshair, and I would like to know the subtensions, if anyone knows I would apprecaite the information.

I e-mailed Weaver, but since it's older they don't know.

Thank you very much in advance for any help. Eagle

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I'd just shoot a group at 100 yards, move it 8 clicks left, shoot another group and measure the distance.

Knowing what it's "supposed to be" may be of no use anyway since most scopes (all but one) I've used from $50 Tascos to $500 Luepold's don't click "true" anyway.

big al hunter

To find the subtention of the reticle set a sight in target with 1" squares on it and count the squares. At 100 yards MOA is slightly over 1". At 200 yards each square will be 1/2 MOA

44 AMP

Staff
Most of the older Weavers are 1/4" clicks. Some of the varmint scopes were 1/8", IIRC.

Easiest way is shoot it, adjust, and measure, as already mentioned.

madcratebuilder

44 AMP said:
Most of the older Weavers are 1/4" clicks. Some of the varmint scopes were 1/8", IIRC.

Easiest way is shoot it, adjust, and measure, as already mentioned.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

1/4 inch "clicks" according to my collection of old Weaver scope manuals. I don't have a KF manual but the KV's are 1/4 moa.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Odds are that the crosshairs cover 1/2" at 100 yards. (Been a few years. :))

I guess, use a target with the one-inch squares marked on it, and figure it from that. Or stick a one-inch orange dot onto most any old target at 100 yards...

Those old Weavers were pretty much 1/4 minute clicks, for K2.5s, K4s, etc. I never used any of their varmint scopes. Same clicks for the few variables I've used.