Old timer looking for a nice S&W 629

Charshooter

Hello, it has been a long time since I have posted anything. My son has the Dillon loading press and I am using the 44 magnum again, quite a bit here in broken country. I’m wondering if any of you may be from Missouri, and know any good gun shows around the St. Louis area? I went to one in Fenton, which is the only show I have been in the last four years.
Has any laws changed on gun shows? Do you know need a permit? I had a CCL some years back, now I am not around much human danger and all I use is my .357 S&W, which looks like the 629 model. I still have my custom hand grips and had always liked this round,
Now that I have them cheap, I would like another handgun and maybe a Marlin?

M4BGRINGO

You sound like a friend of mine. He has a Marlin he uses for shooting .44 Magnums but finds full house loads from my 629 too much for his liking. He prefers .44 Special out of the handgun. Having the ability to load them to your liking is what he would love to be able to do.

drail

For general plinking out of a 29/629 you really should try loading up some .44 Spl. It IS a great cartridge.

grandpajoe

I'm from Salem and use 10.5 Unique behind a Lyman 429421 cast at 250 grains from WW (it's a standard SWC and IIRC a close copy of the Kieth SWC). Anyway John Taffin (Guns, American Handgunner and others) swears by it and I like it. It's powerful enough for anything here in MO but doesn't beat you up to shoot it. It doesn't require a magnum primer just a regular Large Pistol and you're good to go.