Old Taurus PT-92 vs New Kel-Tec P-11

Mikeyboy

I have a chance to even trade my circa 1990 Taurus PT-92 for a NIB Kel-Tec P-11. My PT-92 shoots great, looks good, and never had an issue with it...but it is HUGE. I'm was looking for a small 9mm semi-auto that I can use ase a house gun adn that I can use to carry other than my .38 S&W. I actually like the long heavy trigger pull of the P-11 because it feels mor DA revolver like vs that of the Glock 26, and the price of the Kel-tec makes it an even trade. Question is should I do it? Replace a reliable but old big steel Taurus to get a brand spankin new P-11??

Clayfish

NO! If your 92 is working fine then don't trade it. A kel-tec is a very affordable gun so just buy it to go along with your 92. Mark my words, if you trade you will be kicking yourself in the butt.

Bullrock

Clayfish +1!!! The PT92 has almost twice the capacity for home defense as the P11 (17 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber to 10 + 1).

Your also giving up cock and lock and/or decocker capability for DOA, a beauty for a beast, and steel frame for aluminum.

I'd give it more thought. Hell, you can purchase that little Ket-tec for a little over $200.

Good Luck

D-Man

The local store here is clearing out their P-11's for $209 - I assume it's because of the new PF-9 that should be coming out in the next couple of months. The new PF-9 is supposed to have a better trigger, is lighter, and thinner compared to the P-11 (it does have less capacity, and is a tad longer).

So if you really are looking to trade in the PT-92 for a smaller gun for carry uses, you may want to hold on and wait until the new PF-9 comes out.

Bill DeShivs

The Taurus is a good gun. So is the Keltec, but they are different animals. The Taurus is difficult to carry, at best. The Keltec is very easy to carry. I say go with the Keltec.
Bill

omegapd

I agree with most everyone. Keep the Taurus. It's proven reliable while the other one hasn't. I've carried mine before, and while it's not the easiest in the world to carry, it's very doable and can be concealed IWB with shorts and a T-shirt.

Let us know what you decide on...

EW

JR47

Worse, you'll soon see your PT92 for sale in the used gun section for more than the cost of the P11!!!

Just buy the Kel-Tec of your choice. One for CCW, one for home defense.:)