old Smith & Wesson 32-20 revolver

Hdonly

My brother-in-law got this revolver from his father. The barrel is marked 32-20 ctg. i can not see any S&W logos on it. I have also never seen the the style of cylinder lock that is on the crane. It has all the looks of an early Smith & Wesson. It does have "Made in USA" stamped on the right hand front of the frame. Anyone recognize this gun? IMG_20231225_204321940.resized.jpg

IMG_20231225_204340492.resized.jpg

IMG_20231225_203646283.resized.jpg

jar

Don't dismiss the Eibar guns immediately. While there were some junk guns made in Eibar it was also home to some fantastic makers.

Given that it's falsely stamped Made in the USA and that it's not stamped with any sort of a maker's mark I would immediately assign it to the bottom rank in quality and would not, under any circumstances, fire it.

Jim Watson

It is #583 in the Zhuk book:
"Rural Model or M1925, maker unknown, Eibar. An essentially similar .38 M1924 mark by Fabrica de Armas Garantizadas is usually credited to Ojanguren y Vidosa."

The same yoke latch is on #566 which "is marked by Guisasola Hermanos."

I doubt convergent evolution and figure they all came out of the same shop.

Hdonly

I did a little light cleaning and blew the area up. I does actually say "Made in Spain"

Attachments

• Made in Spain.resized.jpg
    Made in Spain.resized.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 45

Drm50

If no sentimental value is attached best place for it is on the wall, as is. Has no value as a shooter.