Old shotgun

RickG30

Do you have any info on a Central Arms Co. double barrel shotgun from St. louis? It has dual triggers. The only writing on the barrel that I can find is High pressure compressed steel barrel and lug forged in one piece. The stock is cracked and the metal is rusty. Found in grandpa's closet.
Serial# 6xxx. Thanks
Rick

Harley Nolden

Staff In Memoriam
Rick:
Are there any markings on the water table?
Are there any markings on the 4arm, iron or wood?
Are there any markings under the buttplate?
Does it have side-plates?
Is there a design on the butt plate?
HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited April 16, 1999).]

RickG30

Hello. I don't know what the water table is.
I haven't found any markings anywhere. I did find a Pat. APR 20,1915. There are no side plates and the butt plate is gone. It is a 12 ga. by the way. The fore arm and stock have some mimimal checkering. That is about all. Sorry I can't find more. It is a very basic gun.
Rick

Harley Nolden

Staff In Memoriam
Rick:
The water table is the flat part of the receiver when the barrels are removed. Many times there are proof marks, sometimes other information that will help.

I recall the name, Central Arms, and have probably restocked several of them.. If my memory serves it is a boxlock action, with a draw bolt, could also be a tang model. The description of the barrels indicates it was probably made sometime in the mid to late 1920's. It is a "Hardware Gun" with a non-descript past. In my cross over list of firearms and shotgun stocks I cannot find it. What I have provided is from memory and description. Depending upon the condition I would venture $200.00 value on it if it is cleaned up.

HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited April 16, 1999).]