Old Rossi in .32 long, looking for info

Soclosenotnear

I have an opportunity to buy this little revolver at my shop for what I consider a good price, sub $180. It also fits the bill for what I've been looking for: an inexpensive, low maintenance, worry free glove box gun. I want something I can pocket between the house and the car and vice versa.

This little gun came in and I can tell it's older. It does not have a model that I can see. It was imported by a company I've never seen on a Rossi gun, firearms int'l Corp. It has aftermarket grips that I don't care much for, so will seek out some different ones if I can figure out a model.

So, anybody have information, experience, advice, etc? Should this be my glove box gun? Grip interchangeability?

James K

Member In Memoriam
FI was located in MD, just outside the DC line, not in DC. They were major importers of what might be called "second line" firearms, though some were pretty good. If you decide to buy that gun, you probably won't lose out as you can sell it for what you have in it. I would try to get the price as low as possible, though, as parts supply is iffy. If you can test fire it 200-300 rounds with no failures it should be OK.

I doubt you can find grips, but they should be easy enough to make. The mechanism is basically an S&W copy, but like Taurus and other S&W copies, parts are not interchangeable.

Jim

smee78

Looks like a fine little addition, I would also suggest shooting it first if you can but if it passes all the check outs I think you could do a lot worse. I enjoy the little 32's and always keep an eye out for a interesting one like the one your looking at. I kind of even like the grips lol.

Nice!!! I would buy that in a heart beat. Matter of fact if you dont buy it shoot me a PM of who has it for sale.
I am biased though, I seem to buy every 32 I run across.:rolleyes:

Radny97

That's a no brainer. It looks to be in great condition and I've been happy with all the Rossi's I have owned. Get it for sure.

I've seen several Rossi .32 Longs over the years, most in varying stages of brokeness.

Parts are unobtainable, unless you buy another Rossi.

Soclosenotnear

Got it on layaway today with a cool $150 price tag. My shop bought it from the original owner. I doubt it was shot too entirely much.

Any way to date it more precisely? Maybe i can contact Rossi. Did it have a model of some kind.

James K

Member In Memoriam
Rossi is now owned by Taurus; I don't know if the operations are merged or not, but a Taurus contact might be easier to get.

Jim

deerslayer303

You better be glad I didn't walk in your shop and see it, I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat. I'm a sucker for a 32.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Soclosenotnear

This one I didn't let make it into the showcase. We do have a charter patriot in .327 for around $449 that I'd love to have to go with this Rossi. We are closing for the rest of the week due to the hurricane though.

SmokinTom

Hope all is well down there. I have the same Rossi in 32 long. Paid $160 for it around 8 years ago. Very good shooting little gun. And everyone that see`s it wants it. Its still here.

Soclosenotnear

We made it through ok. Just a few down trees and fences around my neighborhood.

I figured out that I believe it is a model 28.

Also, I emailed Rossi a week or two ago to see if they had any records of the serial number or could offer any info, but have yet to get an answer.

artoo

Soclosenotnear

Thanks for the references, but I note differences between the gun I'm getting and the model 69 I see on Google. I'm still leaning toward it being a model 28.