Old Revolver

jrobin3360

A co-worker recently lost his step dad & he left him a revolver.
He showed it to me today. I had no idea what it was or who made it so he ask me to do some research on it. I found most of my info here but I'd like some confirmation on my research.
Looks to me like it's a turn of the century Forehand & Wadsworth .32 caliber (long, short, S&W, whatever).
The cylinder doesn't lock unless the hammer is pulled back, the cylinder slides back & forth on the rod, making what looks like to me excessive gap between the cylinder & the barrel.
I was hoping for some expert opinions & advise about this gun.
I know it looks rough & it probably isn't worth much, if anything, except maybe some sentimental value. Pics posted.

gearchecker

I've been collecting thses old revolvers for years and sad to say I'm going to be straight up on what I think it's really worth.
Sad to say this one has seen it's better days, about a hundred years ago.
The pistol has little or no value at all, based on your description of the condition of the lockworks. The grips can probably be sold on either gunbroker or ebay for $20-30 if there are no cracks or big chips in them. Add $4.95 for shipping. If you're having a really good day the pistol, with the grips, might be worth $50 or so.

James K

Member In Memoriam
I agree, but have to doubt that the gun is worth even $50. Sorry, but that one is (at best) a paperweight. It originally used the .32 S&W cartridge, but please do not even think of firing it.

Jim

jrobin3360

Sadly, yes it is in very poor condition.
Maybe it could be repaired & refinished but probably wouldn't be worth the time & money to do so.
Not even sure ammo could be found for it but I still wouldn't trust firing it.
Maybe a show piece but nothing more.

overkill0084

If it's not too sentimental, and if it at least appears to function, it might be worth keeping on hand for the next Gun buyback in your area.