Old pistol ,what is it ????

bigbird34

I recived this pistol from my neighbor,who is moving south :mad:

He thought it might be from Italy,I think ,I don't know....the Manufacture stamp is" Brescia",and the fellow that owned it,has his name stamped on it also ....1st WW ???
The tag on it states:Calibre 10.35 or 10.4 like a 44 Russian...Model 1874-1889????

And can anyone tell me where I might find a firing pin for this old pistol ???

any info would be greatly appreciated...

BigBird34

DSCF5210-1.jpg

DSCF5209-1.jpg

DSCF5209-1.jpg

DSCF5209-1.jpg

Jim Watson

Italian Bodeo Model of 1889, calibre 10.35mm. This is comparable to but not necessarily interchangeable with .44 Russian.

I don't know where to start looking for a firing pin, Numrich does not even list the model at all.

mete

Firing pin ? Where would you get ammo for it ? Usually for a gun that old you borrow another one and copy the pin .

jal5

That is what I was going to suggest, find the dimensions of the pin and have someone make one for you. I had to do that with an heirloom pistol I have to get it functioning. Definitely a round for reloading though in your case. Joe

James K

Member In Memoriam
I don't have one of those now, but had some at one time and the firing pin should not be hard to make, just a matter of making it fit. I suggest taking a thick piece of cardboard and cutting it until it seems to fit, then switch to brass or aluminum, which are easy to work. Once you get something that works, you can go to steel using the brass or aluminum part as a model. Leave the firing pin part to the last so you can adjust the protrusion.

Jim

bigbird34

Old Pistol

Thanks gentlemen ,For all the info .....I have pulled the cylinder oin,but I can't get the cylinder out of the pistol....what am I missing ???

Thanks,BB34