Old nipples

44 Dave

I have a pair of 1969 built Uberti 1860 Armies with 1/2 fluted cylinders that are soon to need new nipples. These are from the days when Uberti was using 6-.75 threads they are shorter nipples than what the 6-.75 ones that Pietta uses now.
Com on you other "old guys"help me out here.

DD4lifeusmc

you might check treso's website look at the nipples he has.
I have a lot of nipples on hand. But I would have to have it to see if any fit.

44 Dave

Track of The Wolf has the all dimensions for there's, the old Uberti are smaller in ALL dimensions. A few years ago I tried shortening some Pietta ones but I didn't do a very good job.

44 Dave

Thanks Fingers, the Treso nipples arrived to day. The cone is a little longer than the 40 year old hammered down ones, but short enough that the caps clear the recoil shield.
The old nipples were also getting burned out and the flash holes are over size.
I tried an assortment of caps and the Remington #10s, of which I have most of work. Don't know when I will get a chance to try with a powder load as week end temps near 0.

44 Dave

That first set of nipples (http://possibleshop.com/s-s-nipples-cb.html) were perfect so I got a set for my other 1860, 39 serial #s apart.
Walley World had the last of their bp hunting season stuff on sale, got their last 5 Winchester #11 caps for $4/tin. These nipples work with them, #11 CCI, and #10 Remington, am happy.
Had to shoot some yesterday, 20 degrees and sun is good for a Northern Winter day.