"Old Model" single six

sdbirddog

I'm about to become the owner of a 1969 Single six in great condition. What do you think something like this is worth.

single six.jpg

Steve2334

Nice gun. Ive' got a 1970 with the shorter barrel and only about 100 rounds thru it. Is that the WRM cylinder pouch?

James K

Member In Memoriam
Top retail on those is about $450+, but only NIB condition. Anything less drops off to around $300, then to $200 or so. Yours probably would run about $250+.

Jim

CajunBass

Is it converted or not? I just paid $250.00 for a 1958 model one that had been converted. Unaltered it would be worth more.

100_0053.jpg

Tacoma

What CajunBass said. It it still has the 3 clicks and 1/2 cock, it's worth considerably more than if it had the "safety upgrade". Those just sound like a Swiss watch !

ChiefMuzz

Actually it's worth considerably less if it has been modified. I was lucky to have been given my great grandfather's Single Six, magnum only - unmodified. I did a little research into it a while back. I found out it is actually a low serial number for the magnum only sixes (three digit) and was made in 1959, the year my father was born.