Old Marlin question about gun & catalog.

Venom1956

Hello,

My father asked me to look for an old 1972 Marlin catalog because his first hunting rifle is on the cover. Seeing how I wasn't alive then I don't have one. I am looking for information about the gun and where could acquire an old one for my dad?
Marlin-1972-cook.jpg

Thank you guys for any info u can provide.

Pahoo

Perhaps, Shooter's Bible ??

It's a longshot but there are folks out there, that are Marlin collectors. Also those that collect Shooter's Bible by Stoeger. Perhaps you might find this listed in that year or around that time. A friend of mine has a 444 but do not know when it was made. Also having a bit of a problem trying to read that medallion, on the receiver. ... :confused:

Good luck and;
Be Safe !!!

Venom1956

"Introduction of the Zane Grey Century 336 Carbine" Oops sorry didn't occur to me that you couldn't see that I chose the smaller picture.

dgludwig

I have the '72 catalog and the rifle pictured on the cover is, as you said, the Zane Grey Century commemorative model 336. It is chambered in .30-30. According to Marlin, "...Only 10,000 Zane Grey Century rifles will be manufactured, consecutively numbered from ZG1 through ZG10,000..." With that many made, I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to locate one, assuming a diligent search.