Old Colt 1911 .45 ACP

lowbud

No idea it's history. Maybe someone knows here. Thanks!

colt1.JPG

colt2.JPG

colt3.JPG

colt4.JPG

colt5.JPG

colt6.JPG

lowbud

The person I got it from said it was a presentation model. No idea how to track or prove that tho..

RJay

It's not a presentation model of anything. It is a issue 1911 that has been plated for someones personal taste. The grips are even old Jay Scott grips ( inexpensive, they are not real Mother of Pearl ). While at the time it was done these guns were plentiful, if it had been left original it would be a 2000 to 3000 dollar gun, now maybe 600. But who knows, perhaps it had been damaged and this type of refinishing was the only answer. But no, you do not have some special presentation model that belonged to Patton or Bradly. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

lowbud

Don't be sorry.. I'm just looking for info on it. I didn't get stuck or anything with it but it's not my taste so I thought I would see what it was worth and maybe part with it.

jaguarxk120

If I may quote "They're ivory. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol."

Since Patton said that it might give some insite as to where the 1911 has been!:D