Old .22 Rifle

John

Harley,
I don't know if you forgot about me or couldn't find anything on my old .22 (from orginal thread). I have searched all the books I have and couldn't find anything on it. The info on it
is-
HAMILTON RIFLE NO. 51
22 CAL S - L & LR
C. J. HAMILTOM & SON
PLYMOUTH MICH. U.S.A.
If I remember correctly this rifle has been around the house for at least 35 years and I think it was an old rifle even then.

Thanks for all the effort and assistance

John

James K

Member In Memoriam
Those Hamilton rifles were inexpensive single shots which were often given as prizes to youngsters who sold a certain number of cans of salve, or magazine subscriptions, etc. Another gun in the same category was the Quackenbush. (If you have a squeeze type nutcracker, it may have "HMQ" on it for Hiram Quackenbush. Same fellow.)

The gun has little cash value, but I am sure its sentimental value is priceless.

Jim

John

Thanks for the info. I agree it is an inexpensive rifle, but you are right it does have some memories. Any idea on the dates they made them? Thanks again.

Paul B.

Jim. Here in Tucson, those Hamiltons go for as high as $200.00, and even higher for real clean models. I guess it's where you're at that counts. You should see what they want for real doggie Remington #4, .22LR's :(
Paul B.

COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!