Ok what about Anderson barrels?

rickyrick

Barrel search continues

At the price it would be prudent to at least ask about Anderson barrels.

The reviews on Anderson's site are favorable.....

I want to hear from TFL'ers

Prices are good

reynolds357

All I can tell you is their barrels they put on the complete rifles they build are good barrels. I have no idea if their component barrels are the same quality.

rickyrick

Thank you,
They are a price that I can't ignore.

Maybe I'll be the TFL Ginnie pig on this.
I'm a fan of good stuff at great prices

skizzums

I have 3 barrels from www.masdefense.com , I can't speak of the quality of the latest since I haven't shot it yet, but really love that company. hard to find better prices and availability of sizes then MAS, quality on my purchases have been top notch, strong rifling, polished ramps and chambers and proper contours.. I know you already ordered, but check them out next time. plus, every AR I have gets one of their slick-side uppers.

I am not saying the are kreiger or shielen or anything, but they are solid barrels for the $$ and have been accurate, long lasting and reliable

also, I just bought their new LPK, was excited to see the enhanced hammer and matte finished trigger parts for about 10 bucks less than most other LPKs. a bit heavy pull, but really short travel compared to mil-spec. I think my heavy pull may be attributed to my floor on my lower not being milled low enough, making increased pressure on the spring, so may be my fault. I was about a 1/10th short when I milled out the trigger area

Ibmikey

I bought one of the latest offerings, 1/8 m-4 profile, phosphate finish, mid length gas...looks fine for whatever that is worth....will build it after I return from my Texas hog chasing vacation. Not to digress but I purchased a super lightweight 14.75" barrel/ gas block from the ARF.com store in Canton Texas and it is one accurate puppy with a clipped on TRS-25 at 100 yard gongs ( more on this when the DD fixed sights arrive).

jpsshack

I've used Anderson lowers with good success. My .223 AR is built on an Anderson lower with a BCM upper and functions beautifully.

I'm also a big fan of MAS defense–own a 1-8 300 AAC barrel from them.

Ibmikey

I took the Brownells/Anderson 1/8 barrel out for it's innagural shoot yesterday, did not shoot for accuracy as the Matech rear sight was not tightened down properly in my haste and between the three of us could not come up with an Allen wrench. Shot the 100 yd gongs a couple hundred times with me plunking them in and the rifle running and smoking as it should. I see no reason why the barrel shouldn't hold up under normal use, it is non chrome lined and 1/8 so I am expecting good things from it when I put it on paper.

rickyrick

Yes I got the same barrel I think. 1:8 m4 non chrome lined....

Hoping to get out with it this weekend. I could not resist the price.

I'm not going to have an extended firefight or anything lol. Just a plinker. Should not wear it out.

I've never worn out any rifle barrel

Ibmikey

Still in Texas and dodging raindrops, everything is super saturated and the hogs fairly non existant. Good thing however is the range my buddy built on property about two miles from his house, we have kept a bunch of AR's and other rifles warm even in the rain where a 100 yd gong is kept pretty busy ringing. I will take the Anderson barrel AR out next time...ended up with YHM folding sights rather than Daniel Defense fixed.

Brotherbadger

I'm pleased with it andis just as good as any other.

Are you saying it's as good as a match barrel? Cuz that's one hell of a statement. What was your MOA/number of shots in the group? I'm real curious now.

Ibmikey

Ricky, mine is a good shooter also for a field grade barrel/ rifle, would i buy another...sure for a low priced range plinker i do not know how it can be beat? Would i want to take it to war (not a chance here) ? No i think there are rifles with better potential to keep my butt safe. None of my very extensive (and some very expensive) AR's are for anything but fun shooting, with that in mind i can shoot a S&W Sport, hand built lightweight or DD and have just as much fun.

rickyrick

The price makes it a no-brainer for a budget build. As I try different Anderson parts, I'm becoming quite the fan.

I may sample a BCG for my next project