OK...I joined the P32 club

RH Factor

Well...I went out and did it this week end...bought a K-T P32. I had owned a P11 at one time and thought it was a very reliable gun, I just couldn't get use to the trigger pull. But I needed something for my pocket, and the NAA Guardian 32 was just too heavy. I did a little puff and fluff on it this morning, not because it needed it, but because it helps me know more about the gun. It's just your standard black model, but I know I wno't be able to leave it like this, no more than I was able to leave the P11 alone. I think a trigger shoe and some A-Grips might be in line for it.
Anyone else try A-grips on a P32?
I have to admit..right now I have it in a inexpensive Uncle Mikes pocker holster, and I really don't notice it being there.
Can't wait to shoot it!!
Oh yea...what about dry firing a P32....yes or no?

McKamie Wilson

:) RH Factor:

Go to www.ktog.org to find a ton of info on the P11 and P32. That question has been asked and answered several times in the last year or so. Plus, there's always somebody to talk to and something to talk about with the little KelTecs.

Mac

alamo

Be sure to lubricate it good before you shoot it. Light grease on the slide rails and hammer/slide interface and oil elsewhere.
Don't dry fire a P-32, use snap caps. As was mentioned, check out the Kel-Tec Forum http://ktog.org/vbulletin

Dave R

Yup. Use a snap cap when you want to dry fire.

I have not used agrip, but that does not stop me from having an opinion! If you are going to carry the P-32 in a pocket (holster), think twice about the agrip. Could cause the pistol to hang up on the draw, if you ever had to use it in a hurry.

denfoote

Fuzzy Grip

While I have never heard of anyone putting an Agrip on the P32, it can't hurt!! My wife has a fuzzy grip on here G26. She thinks it makes the gun look "cute"!!! (wimmin!!! :rolleyes: ) Seriously, it does help her shoot better by making the platform more stable. :) "I would say go for it!!"

Onslaught

I have not used agrip, but that does not stop me from having an opinion! If you are going to carry the P-32 in a pocket (holster), think twice about the agrip. Could cause the pistol to hang up on the draw, if you ever had to use it in a hurry.
Yep, in this case, you shoulda waited until you actually used one before you repeated the mantra of "rubber grips hang up on stuff".

As anyone who's ever actually TOUCHED the AGrip can tell you, it isn't a rubbery or sticky surface. In fact, it's a very low friction surface until you physically grip it with your hand. Running it across fabric and such is actually smoother than the textured plastic grips. There is absolutely NO chance that the AGrip might "cause the pistol to hang up on the draw".

AGrip is the ONLY thing I would consider putting on a pocket pistol like the KT. It's a great product, too bad it's FUZZY! :)

BTW, for a pocket pistol, you may want to reconsider the trigger shoe on the P32. The shoe may make it more likely for the trigger to hit something and accidentally discharge. And with the lighter, shorter trigger pull on the P32 as compared to the P11, the chances are higher. Just my
twocents.gif

RH Factor

I think I'll try the Agrip....(Oh Well there goes another $25) and as far as the trigger shoe goes, I had put one on my P11 and really liked it. However I realize the trigger guard on the P32 is much thinner. From posts here and on KTOG, I see that to install the shoe on the P32 I must thin the side walls down on the shoe first. I think I get one and see how it looks and feels (Oh Well there goes another $8).
One of these days I might do something really crazy with my P32.................Like shoot it:D

Happy New year to all my TFL Friends!!!!!!!!

I keep wanting to buy one of these critters, but I always find something else to spend $230 on before I get to the gun store...

yzguy

snap caps are recommended for dry fire practice (and you will have to partially rack the slide to reset the trigger for the next dry fire). I have the A-grip on mine and the only think I don't like about it is that the corner of it tends to peal back and roll up when I holster it or put it into a pocket, but no problems at all with the draw of it...

for more on the trigger shoe for the P-32:
http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/triggershoe.htm

and also you can open up some of the stitching on that uncle mikes holster to hold a spare mag (called the Pussball mod on KTOG).

RH Factor

yzguy....that's the same thread I saw....I'm going to try to follow his instructions...thanks.

Mike I. I know what you mean...I went to get a Walther p22 but he was out of them. And since he said he wasn't going to get any more because of his desire not to support S&W, I told him to order me the Browning Buckmark I want. This left the pictures of presidents in my pocket that I had to get out...The P32 has been on my list for a long time, so I said..."I'll take one of those please." The rest is history:D