Ohio Ordnance BAR

Fred S

Anyone out there own an Ohio Ordnance M1918A3 BAR? If so, how is it? How does it shoot? I might plunk down the money and get one.

Tex762

Great rifles...

I don't own one but I have had the pleasure of shooting a friends.
He says it is a little ammo sensitive, I can't remember which it doesn't like though. I shot Talon in it and it ran fine.
Ohio Ordnance did a good job building these rifles. Highly recommended.

loknload

The BAR

I spoke with a guy at a WWII re-enactment that was carrying one. He loved it and said that it was money well spent. He went on to say how well it shot and didn't say anything about it being ammo sensitive.
I might add that He allowed me to check it out and fit and finish was superb.
I would certinly consider getting one ;)

Hope this helps :)

El Rojo

Too many guns, not enough money.

I would like to have a complete World War II collection the more I think about it. I already have the M1 Carbine, now I need a M1 Garand, a Thompson, and a BAR. Who cares if the last two only get to be semi-auto, it just is the excitement of having them. I need to get a real job so I can get on these adventures. Should I get an M2 .50 eventually too? What else am I missing besides a 1911 (I already hae a newer Colt, would that count? I think it is going to)?

El Rojo

I forgot the grease gun. That would be cool, but do they make any semi-auto M3's? I wouldn't think so. A 1903 is another good one I forgot. Oh, I have much work to do.

L

Lmccrock

May as well add the 1941 Johnson as well. These are way cheaper than even the semi-auto BAR or semi-auto M2 or M1919.

dwesson445

Someone IS making a semiauto M3, but they cost about $600 bucks, last time I saw an ad in Shotgun News. The barrel is 16" and the wire stock doesn't retract.

:barf: