Oh, Ruby

BlueTrain

This might be fun. I usually announce myself when I enter the local range by asking if they have any nickel-plated, break-top .38 S&W revolvers and failing that, a Ruby. Now, honestly, I find Savage auto pistols to be more interesting (and more common) but I find things like those to be utterly fascinating, if not altogether practical. You could collect these things forever.

The Ruby thing started out as a joke and I guess it still it but now they actually have one. And one day, the did spring a nickel-plated, break-top .38 S&W on me. It was an S&W, had been refinished and looked brand new. But this is about Ruby pistols.

I actually examined an excellent example made by Llama, I think. Most of them were, uh, of low quality but they were actually issued for military service in some armies and so were Savages, for that matter.

Anybody here have one (I'm not soliciting a sale)? Did you ever actually fire the thing? Anyone interesting in pre-war pocket autos? I realize this may have all come up before but, well, I'm new around here. Just thought it was an interesting topic. It seems Makarovs are fairly well thought of here by at least a few people and just as many people went to war with .32 autos at one time.