Oh my!!!!!!!!!

BenW

Well, it can be both good and bad. It always depends on how the technology is actually used. Remember that the Internet WAS DARPAnet originally (despite what Al Gore tells you). A lot of people will tell you the Internet is a great thing. Without it, we wouldn't be communicating here. But it is also open to privacy abuse.

This new DARPA initiative is a broad technology innovation push, much as DARPAnet was years ago. It can bring us marvelous new methods of information sharing and assimilation, as long as it is, as they say, used for good instead of evil.

Rail Gun

Libertarian, looks to me like they want to monitor every person in the whole world. That all seeing eye thing watching it all...

Kaylee

Yeah, I imagine the logo was pretty much slapped together by "someone who thought it was cool-looking." You'ld be amazed how often that happens. I'd not put TOO much weight on it.

That said.. what the bloody Hades is "truth maintenance??"

Gotta admit, it looks ominous to me.

-K

DMK

In the logo the eye's not watching over the whole world, just Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

Maybe that paramid thing is in geosyncronise orbit. (it could happen).

pdmoderator

That said.. what the bloody Hades is "truth maintenance??"
Well, if ya really wanna know...

http://yoda.cis.temple.edu:8080/UGAIWWW/lectures/tms.html

Fancy artificial intelligence technique invented by a guy named Johann deKleer at Stanford. Supposed to separate contradictory beliefs from all others, and efficiently maintain the system of beliefs as new ones are added. Kind of nifty, really, but AFAIK not used much in practice.

- pdmoderator

pdmoderator

Knowing DARPA, the logo is the result of an in-joke between a couple of graphic designer geeks.
Yup.
Qffs+v35leoctw2mLHWlWivfyzH805+8Zrxw32dsz3OTTiGaP1CWyyLutkdxSBnb7Gej2yPxLbE=

- pdmoderator

Nanaimo Barr

hmm, Masons, Illuminati,secret Over Masters of the Planet, Steve Jackson Games. (the hacker school you know, Secet Service said so) DARPA. US Govt.

who else uses the eye in the pyramid?

Libertarian

Speaking of odd logos, back in the 60's early 70's AFDSDC (Air Force Data Sytems Design Center) had a penguin with the words Caveat Emptor. My dad worked with them while in the Air Force and designed the logo. It was printed on all of their documents, even the ones going to Congress and the Pentagon.