Oh My, Here comes a Mihec

I just scored a nice brass 4 cavity Mihec 359-640 mold with all the pins. :D

Another member on CastBoolits had it in my state for sale and I couldn't resist. I better quit spending and start shooting.... LOL. This casting is just too much fun!

Should be a great bullet for my S&W 686's and a Cowboy Marlin lever in .357, i'm starting to migrate from Lee molds to higher quality which are more of a joy to cast with. Nothing wrong with some of the Lee bullets I've tore up paper with but liking these nice molds. Especially having the options of HP, Penta, Solid and setting up the mold to cast two styles at the same time.

Hey Beagle, how do I slow down this mold addiction ? Never mind, you probably wouldn't know either. LOL j/k. :eek:

Beagle333

I sure wouldn't be of any help. I bought about 4 this week. :eek:

That 359-640 is a sweet one though!
2-16-13_zps5b9aff80.jpg

skizzums

I need some more of your pretty hollow-points. im fresh outta beags at the moment:( I liked to show them off when people asked about casting. I don't like to cast anymore, too hot and I have no mi-hec

Beagle333

You're out of em 'cause you shoot em all off down into the woods! :p

"We wants it, we needs it. Must have the preciousssssss." ;)

Mike / Tx

I like it a LOT, but mine don't stay looking like Beagles for very long,
attachment.php

Let me know if you have issues getting yours to work like this, I might be able to help...;) THose are out of my "SECRET FORMULA" alloy.:cool:

I got all the yard work done today and it was casting time with the new Mihec brass mold. This is the first brasser I've ever casted with. Right off the bat I had a problem with not getting proper fill out. I cast about 200 and found over 100 that were culls.

Scratching my head I went back out and remelted the bullets and started over. I know the lead temp was correct and the mold was running plenty hot and had plenty of tin added to my mix but my first two casts showed signs again of ill fill out.

Eureka! I realized my dumb mistake and found that the sprue plate was too tight because the sprues weren't sinking in when they cooled. I loosened the plate and BAM! the bullets were prettier than a glob of butter melting on a stack of wheat cakes! :p

The next couple hundred casted without a single cull and life is good.

Beagle333

Ya just gotta love that fine Slovenian art work! I do love a nice brass mold. I am very happy that we (several fans of the brass) also convinced NOE to start offering in brass again. :)