Oh, JOY! Springfield to Ship New XD(M) Elite in 10mm

Just received word Springfield is shipping out their new XD(M) Elite OSP in 10mm Compact. 11+1 round capacity.

I'm already eyeballing a full size Elite OSP. If they come out with a full size in 10mm instead of 9mm in the near future, I'ma gonna hafta keep my money in savings just a liiiiitle bit longer...

JMag1

Just wish you could co-witness with the irons with the included optic...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Just saw that. I bet dollars to donuts you can order their sites that's used on the other Elite OSPs and install them. Still sucks that you'd still need to pay extra. But I personally wouldn't want the taller sights for my carry gun.

Forte S+W

Very nice. The market really needs more options for 10mm Auto Pistols. For the longest time there have been practically nothing aside from assorted 1911s, Glocks, and derivatives of the CZ-75 design.

I really wanted Smith & Wesson to take a crack at it with an M&P chambered in 10mm Auto, but it seems like the only 10mm Pistols they'll ever make are those chambered in their own 10mm Short round, the .40 S&W.

Thus far, I've been rather disappointed with the limited selection of 10mm Auto Pistols, (although the Tanfoglio Witness was very tempting) so I ultimately went in an alternative direction and adopted the .45 Super (similar performance, larger diameter bullet) via the H&K USP45 Elite.

attachment.php

More companies need to manufacture 10mm Auto Pistols, preferably from the ground up.

I had the EAA Witness in 10mm. It's extremely rare that I do this, but I sold it. Nice gun. But I HATED the narrow height of the slide. Trigger was OK. 1911 platform has spoiled me on what a real trigger should feel like.

I hope this platform takes off in 10mm. The Die-Hards out there are part of the reason it's still a viable cartridge and I'm glad to be jumping onboard.

Lt.Nick

I also would like to see more options in 10mm. Ruger putting it in a revolver was a nice boost to the cartridge popularity.