oh, happy day!

armoredman

Today was a day full of much rejoicing, a day of glory and wonder! And, I went to the range. You see, our 9 year old went back to school today! Halleluja! And, I went to the range...and remembered the camera this time!! ;D

Insert Handel's Halleluja Chorus here.

So, I got to the range, August Arizona sunshine already building up, was a nice 90 degrees when I left at 0845. Yummy, and as you can see here, the sunshade really doesn't do any good this early in the morning.

p07range10.jpg

So I set up, with some factory stuff, and various handloads.

p07range9.jpg

And went to work.

p07range8.jpg

p07range7.jpg

It's hard to get those "action" shots right using a timer... ;D

I love those relaxed fit carpenter's jeans, but they sure make me look dumpy. Can you tell I am carrying three firearms, not including the one I am shooting? Legally, too. I love this state!

And the results?

armoredman

p07range1.jpg

p07range2.jpg

p07range3.jpg

p07range4.jpg

p07range6.jpg

p07range5.jpg

This last target also represents my two failures today. One failure to lock back on last round, and one failure to feed. Now, an experianced handloader will see my load listed is way UNDER normal load range, and is classified as too light. Works great in the P01, but was a touch too light for the P07 to function normally. :-[ Oops.

Everything else worked perfectly, . One thing was instantly obvious - the sharp checkering was not going to let me not notice it. Recoil was VERY manageable, but the sharper jolts let my palm know that checkering wasn't going to let that gun slip at ALL.

All magazines functioned properly with good ammo, (excluding the lead reload. ), dropped free full and empty, and the sidearm worked as advertised. I must say if it keep this up, I will be very impressed! What the heck, I AM impressed!

SAIGAFISH

get to school you kids

thats purdy good shootin.I cant wait till the kids go back to school.
more early morning fishing.

armoredman

South of you, Casa Grande public range. :cool: Nice, free, clean, well maintained, and unsupervised, so I go on weekday mornings.