Civilian Marksmanship Program
1401 Commerce Blvd
Anniston, AL 36207
http://www.odcmp.com
Telephone: 256-835-8455

Dear CMP Customer

Order# 247xxx which was placed on 03/23/09 has been shipped to:

Me!

This order shipped through FedEx Priority Overnight. The tracking number is xxxxxxx

The following are the contents of this shipment:
Qty Item-No Item-Description
--------- --------------- ------------------------------
1 RM1HRACR M1 Garand HRA Correct Grade

I actually mailed the order on Jan 7th and they are so backlogged that is just shipping. I really wish I had ordered a M1 carbine too.

CortJestir

Happy Day indeed. Congrats! Looking forward to the pics.

I actually mailed the order on Jan 7th and they are so backlogged that is just shipping. I really wish I had ordered a M1 carbine too.

I placed my order in the middle of May which, assuming all things stay the same, puts me at middle of November for delivery. Oh well, you know what they say: patience is a...pain in the...

Anyway, hope you don't mind my asking this question in your thread, RT, but:

I forgot to order M2 ball ammo with my Garand and I'm also thinking about getting a carbine. Anyone know if I can add to my existing order or if I need to place a separate order?

RT

My H&R correct grade Garand arrived on Friday. It was covered in cosmoline-- packed in the front and rear sights. I used mineral spirits to get the cosmo off and then put CLP on all the metal and Lubriplate where required.
IMG_0003-3.jpg

IMG_0001-3.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

My wife saw the box hidden in the closet when she got home from work on Friday. Conversation went like this.
Wife- What is that?
Me- Nothing. Ok, It's a Garand.
Wife- Lemme see it.
Me- Isn't it nice.
Wife- Oh wow. That's much prettier than those AR's. Did you buy this for me?
Me- Uh, Yeah sure. It's yours.

IMG_0008.jpg

At home with its Springfield Armory sister.

hodaka

Very nice! Have you done any cosmoline removal from the stock?

I got the email stating that my H&R will be delivered on Monday. Too bad I'm in Phoenix. I hope the Service Grade in my box looks half as good as yours.

only1najeep

I hope you enjoy your Garand as much as I enjoy mine. Fortunatly I bought mine before the run on firearms, I live close enough to Anniston, so I was able to drive over and pick mine out. I am sure that you will love it.