Officialy Politically Incorrect

OkieCruffler

Well, I've finally done it. I've joined the ranks of those who own those nasty, black, evil, man-killing assault rifles. Went to pick up the Rossi 988 that my local dealer was supposed to have put back for me, only to find that he had forgotten and the pistol was gone. He felt so bad about it (as well he should, after all, I'm putting his two daughters thru college) that he sold me an SKS he had just taken in on trade for $100. It's complete with scope mount and scope, synthetic stock, bipod, flash hidder, and the meanest looking 30 rd mag I've ever seen. I've never wanted one before, but figured a good deal is a good deal. Took it to the range and now I'm hooked. Can't wait for my case of ammo to come in so I can go at it again. But now I have to decide what to buy next. Decisions, decisions....:p

Welcome to the ranks of non-PC gun owners. Learn to use it well and keep it clean. Happiness is a warm bore and a punched out X-ring.

Karsten

Congrates on the newbie....I traded all my Sk's off and now I have really evil rifles. I don't have the cool effect of 30 round mags now, limited to just 4 in the mag. But I might have a 600 -1000 yard advatange
76446_Sav110FPs.jpg

Good place to start...I bet you buy an AR soon :rolleyes: and then it is down hill into the deep abiss

Karsten

OkieCruffler

It's a Chinese, not sure of the year, with a see-thru B-square mount and some generic 4X28 compact scope. I only picked up 100 rds with it, because I honestly was planning to sell it and add to my WWII bolt action collection, so I haven't really gotten to break it in yet. Had no problem chasing a soup can out to about 100 yrds with it, so it's alot more accurate than I had figured on. So now I'm going to keep it if for no other reason than the looks the neighbors gave me when I pulled it out of the car. Looked something like this...:eek: If only it had one of those bayonets to make it even deadlier.

Tshoes

Okie

Check the serial # on that rifle, and WHO it was imported by, give them a call, and ask WHEN it came into the country.............
If the mag in it is a hinged type, or a regular AK type............
You may very well be in possession of something you don't WANT nor NEED.................
Better safe than sorry..............;)

OkieCruffler

That's one of the good things about living in Oklahoma. We tend to not pass a bunch of laws that make no sense, especially when weapons are the subject. Took the SKS to the range today and took about an hour of ribbing from the guys I usually bust clays with. Then when I went to shoot the thing, the bolt handle struck the scope mount and buggered up everything. If I ever remember where I put my allen wrenches I'm going to try to fix it, but until then I guess she goes into the safe.:(