Off To The Range

pipoman

Back in December I ordered a new Kimber Pro CDP. Long story short my wait time went from initial estimate of 4-6 weeks to 3 1/2 to 4 months, I received a refund yesterday and visited another dealer. I not only bought my first 1911 pistol, I also bought my first (non-22 cal) wheel gun.:D

All of the frustration of the past month gone in 1 day.:D

Now off to the range!:D

kimsmith.jpg

Kimber Pro Eclipse .45 & S&W 638 .38 Spl +P

I traded the first new pistol (and most hated) I ever purchased, a .40 S&W Sigma for the revolver. Good riddance!:D

sigma.jpg

EBF

Pipo......I had a Stigma in that same finish. I'm not sure what the hell I was thinking at the time.

Did you trade straight up for that Smith? If so......you got one helluva deal.

Old Fud

You bought TWO pistols at the same time?
And took possession of them the same day?

Moannnnnnn!!!!!

Pretty toys -- have fun.
Just remember us poor starving orphans out here in One-a-month-with-10-day-waiting-on-each land.

Fud

nemesis

Nice Kimber but don't walk in front of it.

Magazine in place, hammer cocked and safety off.

Be sure to check that the gun is unloaded and made safe before heading to the range.

Be safe, take care.

Mikeyboy

I always thought those light gray colored grip were different on the sigma guns until I notice that Red Head on the X Files carried one. Every time I see one, I always see it as a girl's gun. The Kimber and S&W is a better choice.

rapier144

Why not walk in front of it the grip safety still has to be depressed. Plus who or what is going to pull the trigger? Sorry couldn't resist.

pipoman

EBF The dealer allowed me $200 for the Stigma (sic) against the $400 638.

nemesis I took the picture immediately after taking it out of the box, never a round in the chamber (that I know of).

I never had any real problem with the Sigma, 2 FTF. I just was not consistant with it. Could be the heavy triger or the gun I don't know which. I was once ridiculed by a LEO for carrying it.

Girls gun?? Maybe, my wife liked it to look at, just not to shoot.

pipoman

I did not make it to the range yesterday. This morning my wife and I went to the range. We put 150 rounds through the Kimber. I have the factory mag plus 2 Wilson Combat mags (I numbered the Wilson mags 1 & 2). I had 2 FTE consecutively on the first load in Wilson #1. No other problems. The trigger is outstanding, recoil is a non-issue, accuracy and consistency great. It is a great shoot. 1" groupings at 25', 2" groupings at 50' consistently.:)

I was apprehensive about the 638. A lot of people had told me it is hard to get used to the snubby. While it is not particularly fun to shoot with +P ammo, it was amazingly accurate and consistent. My groupings were 2" at 25' shooting double action, a little better shooting sgl. action.. The max distance I shot the revolver was 25'. I do like the 638, it will make a great backup gun or summer carry.

My wife shoots a S&W 9514 9mm (below). She likes it but wants night sights installed. She shot the Kimber and loved it. I couldn't get it away from her. She kept talking about how much she liked it after we left the range. She ended up calling the dealer I bought mine from. He had two Pro Eclipses' Thursday when I was there. She asked the dealer to hold the other Pro Eclipse until she can get there to buy it this Friday.:eek: :D

I guess she is going to pack a 4" 1911 45 as her carry gun.:D

sw.jpg