Off-duty holster

Beretta Boy

Any reccomendations on a good off-duty holster for a cop (sisters husband)? Needs to be a shoulder holster, leather, for Sig 226 (9mm)

------------------
"...you're thinkin was that 5 shots or was it 6? Well, you've gotta ask yourself one question: Do you feel lucky??? ...Well, do ya PUNK!?!?

dw

Hey that is a great gift idea! He should love it. however shoulder holster choice is a tough choice. So i you could post a reply with his build i am sure the guys in this forum could help u find a great holster.

Check different websites to like Galco, safariland, or don hume.....those are just of few of the MANY.
my 2 cents
derek

saylerman

If it doesn't really "have" to be a shoulder rig - I have a great recommendation (from personal experience with the same weapon) My off-duty holster is a Galco "The Cop" 3 slot holster with a matching mag/cuff combination carrier. The holster is made for the P226 and fits beautifully. One of the really nce things is that it has a thumbreak and rides right where my duty rig rides so it is always in the same place (muscle memory you know) Mine are both black, but I think they come in brown too.

DWJ

Beretta Boy

Well, thanks for all the replies. I looked at several holsters today, and at my last stop, I got a tip from a guy that worked there. He reccomended a guy in the neighboring town that did custom work... Well, I didn't want to drive all that way, but I knew I didn't have time to order something off the net, soooo... I went and took a look. It was Amazing, this guy had some incredible stuff... Very good quality. He's been working with some of his ex co-workers(cops) to design better rigs... The end result was very nice! Quality leather finsih, quality leather, fully customizable... I ended up choosing the 135 dollar shoulder rig w/ handcuff&extra mag holder... He ended up giving me a discount because he found out it was for a cop, and the total came to 102 with tax. I think that may be alot, but he said that after christmas, I can send my brother in law in and have it customized with whatever he wants for no extra charge... So, even though it seemed like alot, I really think I got a deal. Does 102 sound unreasonable for this product?

dw

i would mark that a good buy!!!!

shoulder holsters aren't the cheapest holsters in the world and to get one that he can have custimized for him at that price is a good deal in my book.

congrats on a great find