# of rounds through p32

dntorbert

I am seriously considering a p32 from keltech and while I realize its purpose in life does not include eating a lot of ammo I tend to shoot anything i buy alot so just curious what sort of volume others have put through thier p32's

bad_dad_brad

This little guy is basically an automatic hi-cap deringer. I have only put a mag or two through it just to make sure it works and I am familiar with it. I carry it only when I have to. Otherwise I carry an small 9mm (Kahr MK9).

I will shoot a few rounds through it on occasion just to keep myself familiar with the pistol and to make sure I can rely on it.

These little mouse guns are for short distance can't miss self defense. What is the point in trying to shoot thousands of rounds through this kind of weapon?

There is a huge difference between range work, plinking, and "I have to shoot someone because I am in peril."

The P32 is a great little pistol. Just don't expect to fire thousands of rounds through it and have it hold up like e.g. a full sized Glock or Beretta.

158 rounds with a jam after each round. sent it back (good service) but still jammed from a new problem. Waiting on parts to be mailed. Accurate and low recoil. I want to like it but first i must trust it.

David Scott

We have put about 150 rounds of hardball and a few clips each of Speer Gold Dots and Cor-Bons through the P32 I gave Thelma last Xmas. When we first took it to the range it had intermittent extraction malfs and one time the hammer would not drop. Sent it to Kel-Tec, they replaced everything but the frame, added the hard chrome slide for $20, polished the chamber and feed ramp to mirror finish, test fired it, CLEANED it, and got it back to me in a week. Great service. It hasn't had a hitch since, even with the Cor-Bons, which are notorious for feed problems.

I have not heard of anyone shooting their P32 till it wears out. You might check www.ktog.org for teh P32 bulletin board.

Doug S

250 rounds. No F&B. No Problems. Great little gun. I carry it all the time. I just read an article in Handguns 2001 in which the author stated his belief that the P-32 was the strongest 32acp on the market.

Borf

approx 400 rounds with a failure to extract (case sticking in chamber) about every 50 rounds. I'll take another trip around the chamber with 600 grit, but after that it's going to the factory.

dntorbert

Ok so i'm now going to reply to my own post. I took the plunge and bought a new p32 with chrome slide. It was a tough wait those 3 days between purchase and range time but thunder storms mught have had an adverse affect on the performance of the gun if i had gone any earlier. The pistol work pretty good 4 stoppages that were caused by either ammo(3 fte) or pilot error(1 rimlock) and 90+ rounds fired Half of which were hollow points.

Arub

I have between 300 and 400 rounds through mine. Initially, the slide locked up prior to picking up a new round to chamber. Did this with several different brands of ammo, even switched magazines. I found a burr where the slide mates with the rail. Buffed it out and have had no problems of any kind since.

I have fired the number of rounds indicated, most after I buffed out the burr, mainly to develope confidence in the pistol. I trust it and carry it now.