Oem ruger wood

44 AMP

Staff
Does anyone have a source for replacement Ruger No.1 wood? A friend is looking to locate some. Not interested in custom stock, or partial finish, looking to see if he can find some Ruger stock sets.

Ruger doesn't list them on their site, Gun Parts doesn't show them, so he asked me if I would put the word out.

It may be he will have to contact Ruger, I don't know. the only other thing I could think of was to look on Gunbroker.

I don't think he want to buy a set right now, but I know he wants to find out if anyone has them, other than Ruger.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Paul B.

At one time Ruger would not sell wood to a customer who wanted to replace a stock. As far as I know that is still the case. They won't even switch a #1B forearm to the #1S style which happens to be my preference. :mad: About all I can suggest is look through buy/sell threads on the various gun sites and see if you can locate what you need that way.
Paul B.

Bongo Boy

treebonecarving.com is the only place I've found that does No 1 stocks. There may certainly be others, but I haven't found any. Naturally they're not the OEM sets you're looking for and I guess it would be 'custom' by the time you get the stock to fit the gun. Still, it may be an affordable option for stock replacement, so I throw it out there anyway.

Last edited:

jmr40

t one time Ruger would not sell wood to a customer who wanted to replace a stock. As far as I know that is still the case.

I don't know about the #1, but I called Ruger a couple of years ago and was quoted prices for both walnut and synthetic stocks for the 77 MK-II. I could have had either, but wanted synthetic.

Won't hurt to call.