OEM Mag. prices for single-stack 2nd/3rd Gen S&W: wow---

Despite having seven handguns, might just buy an eighth.

Have OEM mags for the S&W 3913, --14, 908 etc always been much higher than OEM mags for the double-stack 2nd/3rd Gen. S&W series?

E-Bay showed approx. $78 tonight per mag, versus about $35-40 (double-stack. i.e. the 5906 etc) there and on Gunbroker.

Last edited:

KyJim

Unless you are carrying for defense, I would go with Promag or Triple K. Promag has a very spotty reputation. Triple K’s reputation is better. I have a 3913 I don’t carry anymore, but I bought a couple of factory mags awhile back on close out from either Midway or Brownell’s

TunnelRat

My experience was ProMags didn't work at all without multiple malfunctions per magazine. Granted that was not with their S&W series magazines. Magazines of spotty quality aren't worth much to me.

Big Shrek

Despite having seven handguns, might just buy an eighth.

Have OEM mags for the S&W 3913, --14, 908 etc always been much higher than OEM mags for the double-stack 2nd/3rd Gen. S&W series?

E-Bay showed approx. $78 tonight per mag, versus about $35-40 (double-stack. i.e. the 5906 etc) there and on Gunbroker.
I think we all know why prices have gone high all the sudden.
Just ride the wave and wait it out.
Be prepared to pay a premium if you can't.
Even Keltec P11's are going for $500 these days...

1MoreFord

I think we all know why prices have gone high all the sudden.
Just ride the wave and wait it out...

There is no wave to ride out. Since Smith stopped selling Gen 3 pistols they have stopped selling the mags for them too. MecGar never sold the single stack mags and are not selling them now. ProMags are junk and TripleK aren't well received either. All that's left is NOS and used. Try finding and buying a real M39 series mag these days.