Odd old revolver

Willie Lowman

A buddy at work found this gun under the stairs in his parent's house.

He let me bring it home for a few days to see if I could clean it up a bit and figure any thing out about it.

Seems to be a Kynoch Schlund .476 with a broken ejector.

3213660460_ab6dd52999.jpg

3213660304_5a19ef7c09.jpg

3213660406_00fae0c649.jpg

James K

Member In Memoriam
There is one with holster and in better condition here:

http://www.handgunsoftheworld.com/catalog/item/7369235/9092877.htm

with a $3000 price tag. Frankly, I doubt they will get that, but those are interesting revolvers and do bring good prices.

The brass (?) part that looks like a bullet is not original. I suspect part of the ejector mechanism is missing and the hole was filled with whatever that is.

For the curious, the thumbpiece that looks a bit like a hammer is the barrel latch; it is pulled down to open the gun. The odd trigger is really three parts. Pulling the bottom part cocks the hammer but does not release it, so the gun is not a true double action, but of the type known as a "trigger cocker." The upper front trigger then releases the sear to fire the gun. If both triggers are pulled at the same time, the gun acts like a double action revolver. The checkered block behind the bottom trigger is pulled down to decock the revolver if it is cocked and the user does not want to fire it. There are similarities to the American Starr revolver of the Civil War period, but the Schlund mechanism is more sophisticated.

Jim