Observations on the LCP

cohoskip

Well, yesterday I picked up my birthday present (from me to me ;)). That's right, a new Ruger LCP. I brought it home, field stripped it, and cleaned off all the factory "lube" - it may have been oil, but it was kinda sticky. I didn't trust it. Relubed it with Weapon Shield.
This a.m. I took it to the range. It performed flawlessly for 50 rounds (all the .380 ammo I took with me).
The long trigger takes a little getting used to, but after a box of shells, I was getting the hang of it.
I believe I'll keep it... :D

CortJestir

Congrats! Coincidentally I got one the other day as well! I walked into my local gun store and they had a bunch that had just come in. I took it as a sign to pick one up. :D I also cleaned and lubed with Weapons Shield before taking it to the range. Shot 100 rounds of WWB and it performed great. Great for summer carry or for "just stepping out" carry when you just want to pocket something and go.

[EDIT] Forgot to mention the store also had some Desantis Nemesis pocket holsters -- a must have for the LCP or P3AT.

[EDIT 2] Oh, and Happy Birthday!

9x19

coho'

Now you know what millions of Kel-Tec owners have know for about 6 years... a great design makes all the difference! :p

Welcome aboard the mouse-gun-train! :D

Watarski

I'm waiting on mine to arrive at my FFL. If that trigger is long, you should try a NAA Guardian. Horrible!

cohoskip

Went to the range again yesterday. Put 50 more rounds thru it.
Another flawless performance - the pistol, not me. :cool:
Oh yeah, there was one problem = the $20. bill for the ammo. :eek:

I do believe I am learning to shoot this little thang... :D

Smaug

The 380 I picked up a while ago made me realize that any caliber but 9mm is worth reloading for. Look into this, and you'll thank me one day. Make no mistake, you will not save money, but you'll be able to shoot a lot more for the same money. 45 ACP is $23 per box and up in my area. I can reload for a lot less.

CortJestir

I do believe I am learning to shoot this little thang

Me too. On my two past range trips, I've taken to "warming up" with the LCP before going to other guns. I'll put 20 rounds or so through it, point-and-shoot style into a thug target at 25 to 30 feet. For me, the control needed to get a good shot on this little .380 makes everything else I shoot afterward feel easier. It's like adding weights to a bat while you're on deck.

Topkicker

I picked one up back in July. Put about 200 rounds through it. No FTF's. Feeds flawlessly. Still getting the hang of it. I'm not comfortable gripping it yet. Awsome carry piece.

farnorthdan

If that trigger is long, you should try a NAA Guardian. Horrible!

Just sold a NAA .380. Bought it for the wife and trigger was so bad she couldn't even pull it back once. Nice solid pocket piece but you need a bionic booger picker to shoot it. Oh and by the way did I mention, I love my LCP and the wife now Carry's my S&W J frame.....

DS

cohoskip

Jestir says:

""Me too. On my two past range trips, I've taken to "warming up" with the LCP before going to other guns. I'll put 20 rounds or so through it, point-and-shoot style into a thug target at 25 to 30 feet. For me, the control needed to get a good shot on this little .380 makes everything else I shoot afterward feel easier. It's like adding weights to a bat while you're on deck.""

Oh yeah, after the LCP my Bersa 9mm is a piece of cake... :D

Last edited: